Need help distinguishing a Ferrari Testarossa

bobo_1314

I saw a black Ferrari Testarossa today, but the weird thing was the side mirrors were mounted higher up the door frame, like this:

http://img123.imageshack.**/img123/1224/ferarritestarossa14lc0.jpg

But aren't Testarossas supposed to have the side mirrors at the corner of the window, like this?

http://img123.imageshack.**/img123/3324/ferarritestarossa13nz1.jpg

So is one a replica? If so, which one? Or is it just a year production difference? Thanks!!

Re: Need help distinguishing a Ferrari Testarossa

bobo_1314 said:

This is a 512 TR, not a Testarossa.

amdforever said:
bobo_1314 said:

Right, the 512TR was introduced in 1992 and was basically a facelift, with bigger wheels and a fner tuned engine. I think the two mirror setup came on the original Testarossa in 1990

amdforever said:

It's still a Testarossa, albeit an updated version. TR stands for Testarossa.

Oh OK, so the one I saw today was an earlier version of the Testarossa. I thought it might've been a replica or something. Thanks guys!! :thumbsup:

Tobias said:
amdforever said:

no, Testarossa
86ferrari14606-C.jpg

updated Testarossa
testarossa005.JPG

The 512 TR is called the 512 TR becase it's meant to be a different car. same basic design, different car

wooflepoof said:
Tobias said:
amdforever said:

no, Testarossa

The 512 TR is called the 512 TR becase it's meant to be a different car. same basic design, different car

So the Challenge Stradale isn't a 360? Sure it is. Changing the rims or the wing mirrors doesn't make it a completely different car, no matter what Ferrari chooses to call it.

Those yellow rims are hideous by the way.

Yes but, its the 360 Challenge Stradale

Thats like saying the 550 and 575 are the same car

skaternick said:
wooflepoof said:
Yes but, its the 360 Challenge Stradale

Thats like saying the 550 and the 575 are the same car
Wrong again, it's just "Challenge Stradale", there is no 360 in the name.
Actually its called he 360CS, CS standing for "challenge stradale"

Ok, i'll admit im wrong on the CS part, but the Challenge stradale is just a sort of racing version of the 360, when the Challenge stradale came out you could still buy a regular 360 modena

Why we're even talking about the 360 and Challenge Stradale I don't know... Anyways, the original Testarossa, the 512TR, and 512M, were all based on the same car, and were just evolutions of it. The engines and chassis were all similar, basically just being modified for each variation.

You are wrong, to continue to dispute this fact is just dumb. Go read up on it since it's clear you don't know.

Regardless of it being evolutions of the same car its NOT called the testarossa, the challenge stradale is NOT called a 360 The 512M is NOT the '94 Testarossa 512M or 512M Testarossa. it may very well be the same basic car with some modifications but they changed the name of it, so its not called the testarossa anymore

No matter the Testarossa, those side strakes conjure up images of the cooling fins on a 4 cycle lawnmower engine. Or the #4 clipper attachment on a hair clipper. Well, to me, anyway.

They're all part of the Testarossa line, end of story.

By the way, way to use the information about the Challenge Stradale, I like how you suddenly act like you knew it all along :roll: