Need help with schedule

Old Lace

Does anyone know how many hours weekly you need to have in order to qualify as a full-time student? I'm currently making my 3rd semester schedule and its only about 19 hrs/wk with Fridays off.

Usually it's 15 credits minimum for full-time status, at my school anyway. The average one-hour class is 3 credits, so that's 5 classes.

Of course, there's the occasional 4-credit core class and 1-credit electives to add to it.

Last edited:
It usually depends on the school. Does yours have a website? (I have to ask, what with you being in Canada and all :p)

Had to search through my schools website to look at the course breakdown but for this semester, the hours are basically the same. I couldn't find anything about the credits but my mind keeps giving me something about 30-something credits in total in order to graduate.

And I'm doing a quick edit here but I think course = credit. I swear I should of paid more attention when I first enrolled. I wouldn't be flailing about if I did.

Last edited:
What are you guys talking about? The Canadian and US post-secondary systems are ENTIRELY different. Please look up location first.

I'm not sure how it is for colleges, but as far as university here goes, you need a minimum of 3 credits per semester to be considered full-time. 1 course usually equals 1 credit. It should say for each course how much it's worth in your course calendar ... assuming you've got one and not relying on some cracked-up website instead.

What are you guys talking about? The Canadian and US post-secondary systems are ENTIRELY different. Please look up location first.

I'm not sure how it is for colleges, but as far as university here goes, you need a minimum of 3 credits per semester to be considered full-time. 1 course usually equals 1 credit. It should say for each course how much it's worth in your course calendar ... assuming you've got one and not relying on some cracked-up website instead.

I should of included my location in the post itself so that's kinda my fault. And a great big no on the course calendar front but I think the 1 course = 1 credit thing is right.

In America (which I know is now where you are asking about), schools can vary what they say, but for the sake of financial aid, and the repayment of deferred student loans, 12 hours (either quarter or semester) is full time, and 6 is half-time. I believe.

In America (which I know is now where you are asking about), schools can vary what they say, but for the sake of financial aid, and the repayment of deferred student loans, 12 hours (either quarter or semester) is full time, and 6 is half-time. I believe.

Seneca College .... is in Ontario, Canada, not in USA.

According to that website:

A full-time student is defined as one who is registered in 66% or more of the regularly assigned semester subjects of a day program and/or 70% or more of the regularly assigned student contact hours of a day program.