need input on editing

LeVeL

Forum Addict
I tried playing around with shadows/highlights today and I'm really not sure if I like the results. Examples: (note: the differences are really subtle. You might want to save them and just click back and forth)

IMG_5241.jpg

IMG_5241b.jpg

IMG_5098.jpg

IMG_5098b.jpg

Input please...

Last edited:
^ Just some imageshack servers being slow and fail

So which is edited and which isn't? I can only see one version of the second picture (because of imageshack serverside fail), in any case the second one of the first picture is better.

Oops, sorry about that. Rehosted! Imageshack has always worked great for me but yesterday it was full of fail, like stated above.

edit: and then my site goes down :mad: its never down for a long time though, so bear with me here lol

Last edited:
I really prefer the first version of the first image. It's got more kick in it. That said, I do think it could do with some curve playing.

As for the second, the changes are so subtle, I really don't see anything. Looks fine anyhow.

I don't like the first of the first because the shadows have no detail, the wheels are just dark abysses from which no light can escape. The second of the second just looks underexposed.