Netflix removing older Top Gear content

TGCDN

Car(s)
Buick Rendezvous, Dodge Dakota
Just read a report that the lovely people at Netflix (...at least in Canada) are stripping older Top Gear episodes from their lineup. Currently from Season 2 to 20 is online. As of the end of January they will be removing all content up to season 14. I am not a fan of the idea but it must have come down to lack of watching.

Or the BBC is asking for too much. Storage space isn't a problem for Netflix, paying to store certain things is.

stuff is not on netflix forever !
eventually their screening rights run out and programs and films are removed.

It all has to do with streaming rights like the above poster said, a lot of BBC programs that Netflix carrys are getting removed, not just limited to TG

I just found out this evening right in front of a hot meal :( so I had to fall back to watching an uplanned episode of Futurama but on the good side a new season of it is on Netflix.

A few months ago, maybe a year ago, I decided to re-watch Top Gear via Netflix from the beginning, well season 2 or whatever Netflix labeled it and it was great. Netflix would keep my place and I could resume watching it anywhere where I left off. Anyways I got up to Top Gear: Series 13: "Episode 5" until I hit resume playback and find theres only 4 seasons on Netflix!! Damnit I was mid way through a long journey, bring back all the seasons Netflix!! I've already seen the later seasons, well good thing the bay is back up cause I can't seem to find HD mirrors for the remaining shows I want to re-watch... Sad to see this site has to retire, stupid BBC, isn't the BBC like that public channel PBS in the US, shouldn't everything be free to rebroadcast? I don't think they have any other shows worthwhile watching.

I know they removed a huge amount from Canadian netflix a while back, and I was so upset. Thankfully I had a few seasons "preserved" on my hard drives, but with the Final Gear torrents disappearing it looks like I've lost my ability to go "back in time" :(