Netflix removing older Top Gear content

TGCDN

Car(s)
Buick Rendezvous, Dodge Dakota
Just read a report that the lovely people at Netflix (...at least in Canada) are stripping older Top Gear episodes from their lineup. Currently from Season 2 to 20 is online. As of the end of January they will be removing all content up to season 14. I am not a fan of the idea but it must have come down to lack of watching.

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Or the BBC is asking for too much. Storage space isn't a problem for Netflix, paying to store certain things is.

iloveclassics

stuff is not on netflix forever !
eventually their screening rights run out and programs and films are removed.

jws926

Car(s)
2001 Nissan Maxima, 2015 Nissan Altima
It all has to do with streaming rights like the above poster said, a lot of BBC programs that Netflix carrys are getting removed, not just limited to TG

t0mmyr

Car(s)
nismo
I just found out this evening right in front of a hot meal :( so I had to fall back to watching an uplanned episode of Futurama but on the good side a new season of it is on Netflix.

A few months ago, maybe a year ago, I decided to re-watch Top Gear via Netflix from the beginning, well season 2 or whatever Netflix labeled it and it was great. Netflix would keep my place and I could resume watching it anywhere where I left off. Anyways I got up to Top Gear: Series 13: "Episode 5" until I hit resume playback and find theres only 4 seasons on Netflix!! Damnit I was mid way through a long journey, bring back all the seasons Netflix!! I've already seen the later seasons, well good thing the bay is back up cause I can't seem to find HD mirrors for the remaining shows I want to re-watch... Sad to see this site has to retire, stupid BBC, isn't the BBC like that public channel PBS in the US, shouldn't everything be free to rebroadcast? I don't think they have any other shows worthwhile watching.

bort_sampson

I know they removed a huge amount from Canadian netflix a while back, and I was so upset. Thankfully I had a few seasons "preserved" on my hard drives, but with the Final Gear torrents disappearing it looks like I've lost my ability to go "back in time" :(