Unveiled: New 2011 KIA Picanto

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
Car(s)
3 of them
Well....It's hideous. This coming from a guy that likes the current picanto.

FDaihatsu

Car(s)
Polol 1.8GTI
It's nice, I like it. Also way more specced than my Polol which is almost double the price

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
It's a really good looking small car! Eons better looking than the current Picanto. Only two settings on the seat heater is a bit cheap, but so is the car and if they manage to keep the price from going up too much with all that trim, it'll become the definition of value for money.

Cobol74

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
Dumpy underdesigned Fiesta. But depending upon price may be suitable for the very bottom end of the market. Quality is slowly improving if not quite up with Ford or Opel/Vauxhall just yet.

McRae

But depending upon price may be suitable for the very bottom end of the market. Quality is slowly improving if not quite up with Ford or Opel/Vauxhall just yet.
The Picanto IS a very-buttom-of-the-market-car isn't it? So you can't really expect the quality to be on par with Ford or Vauxhall.

ALXBWSCREW

Car(s)
Fiat Barchetta, Alfa Romeo 156, Opel Zafira
Why buy an Aston Martin Cygnet when this has a face which looks just as bad?

The interior looks good actually, just the sort of thing you'd expect from a modern car within that kind of price range.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
The front's a bit overstyled for my tastes. I said the same about the Rio hatchback.

Overall it's not too bad, the interior is quite nice looking. :)

SchumacherM

Car(s)
Fiat Stilo 1.8 16V
http://www.avto.net/_AVTO/ad.asp?ID=4836618&show=1

They already started selling them here, in the flesh. Not looking too bad, especially compared with its dad. 12000? and it's yours. Maxed out on options. 14 inc alloys, 7 airbags, electric everything, heated seats, parking sensors, MP3 player, ESP, ABS, climate control, Isofix for kiddy seats.
Not too shabby.

Last edited:

TopGearDog

Car(s)
Mondeo TDCI
The front takes some getting used to, but overall it's quite nice, specially the interior. And the price is nothing to complain about and with a 7 year warranty.....it will sell like hotcakes.

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
The front takes some getting used to, but overall it's quite nice, specially the interior. And the price is nothing to complain about and with a 7 year warranty.....it will sell like hotcakes.
* Provided you service the car ONLY at an authorized KIA service point at exactly the right time .

In reality it's a 2 year factory warranty with five years voluntary coverage tacked on which KIA can use almost any excuse not to honour.

Blaro steering wheel?
Steering wheel looks kind of like you do when taking a huge dump you're in an emotionally fragile state.

Last edited: