New bbc.co.uk/topgear

I only get a BBC error page.

Still, I looked at the old one this morning and it didn't say anything new about the next episode. Just that it was on on Sunday.

Yeah, I'm getting an error too. They're probably too busy hanging around outside the Director General's office listening through the door to Jonathan Ross being sacked to bother finishing the new site.

"It was all Wussell Bwand's idea, I pwomise you......." :lol:

It's working now.

But whatever runs the video is obviously verbotten by my office's enfeebled dolt of a net nanny, because it won't play.

Still, it's about time that site had an overhaul.

The video player is the EMP (embedded media player) and will be on the same system as all the news online videos. It's only the trailer we've already seen though - same as the one on topgear.com and you tube.

Expect to see a LOT more once the series starts.

When the Spooks site launched it was just a video and a box telling us when the series starts now it has a lot more info and exlcusive videos.

Ah ha that explains it - I imagine topgear.com will carry all the same videos but will be advertising funded - they will be available on bbc.co.uk/topgear for those of us in the UK without ads.

I doubt you'll miss anything as it will be posted to topgear.com as well.

they will be available on bbc.co.uk/topgear for those of us in the UK without ads.
I'm in the UK and I got the same message.

Never mind. So long as the site works when they put more stuff in it, I'll be content.

Can you view iPlayer files or videos on the BBC News site? If no then you might want to call your ISP and tell them your IP address range needs adding to the GEO-IP database (the BBC draws from a central, external database) for the UK.

If you can view others but not this then I guess it really is fingers crossed and hope it works when it launched properly.

I like the way the 'epic races' films available in full on there, without any breaks or anything. Good way to waste a half-hour!

There's a link to finalgear.com from the new bbc.co.uk/topgear

I'm guessing they've done that so they can justify adding the TopGear.com to external links. Still a nice bit of recognition for Viper and the crew.

maybe i?m a little late with this idea, but has anyone tried if the videos work when if you use a UK proxy?