New Buick Enclave photos

I saw the back and thought, "My God, that's quite nice"

I saw the front and thought, "My God, who designed that shit?"

I then preceeded to throw up.

I skipped right to step 3.

Step three turned out not to be "Profit"

I would say it looks better than the nissan, not that i would buy either. Also this does look better than the Rainier, the Rendezvous and that god offal gift that was the Terraza.
Buick did make some beautiful cars look at the Riviera

Hmm, the front looks like the Lexus Convertable (SC-430) and back is a complete VW rip off.

OMG you guys are so HIP and EDGY :lol:

I actually like this concept. Perhaps a bit bubbly in some places but IMO not a bad looking car.

Blind_Io said:
:puke:

Same old shape with a bit of bondo added and a bunch of chrome trim around the lights and windows.

It still looks like a potato on wheels.

Please don't call this an SUV, there's nothing Sport about it and I doubt there's much in the way of Utility either. It's a topheavy MPV.

Yet you have to pics of an FJ....

loose those portholes and it could be decently handsome from the front

When you make a concept car that looks already boring, dull and outdated so you have to put tons of chrome on it, and THEN paint it in the ugliest color you find on the whole RAL table you know its gonna be a great hit.

Seriously, thats just... so nothing special.

NAIDANAC A said:
Blind_Io said:
:puke:

Same old shape with a bit of bondo added and a bunch of chrome trim around the lights and windows.

It still looks like a potato on wheels.

Please don't call this an SUV, there's nothing Sport about it and I doubt there's much in the way of Utility either. It's a topheavy MPV.

Yet you have to pics of an FJ....

You got it! The FJ is a utility vehicle that was built to do things other vehicles can't, this is just another MPV with bland lines and loads of stick-on chrome. The FJ does have that white domed roof going on that goes back to the original Land Cruiser, but that's a bonus for me since I'm tall and like the headroom inside. The rounded rear corners also are a styling cue back to the original FJ40. At least the FJ has a presence on the road - and not becaus of it's size, there are bigger SUVs out there that blend in and dissapear in traffic but the FJ is unmistakable. I saw one yesterday when I was driving and I'm looking at my sig and avatar. They look much better in person than in photos - and I want it.

This thing manages to be just to the ugly side of forgettable, the worst place a car can be.

Quick question about the FJ: Have there been any visibility problems with it? Seeing as that C-pillar is frakkin' massive and chunky, and those rear windows look pretty small.

I have talked with owners of the FJ and no one has had any complaints so far about the C-Pillar. The FJ has very large mirrors like every other Land Cruiser - providing better rearward visibility than most vehicles. When I drive my Dad's '93 I can see a huge amount of road in the mirrors and the blindspot is almost non-existant. I think the only visibility problem with the FJ is the rear-mounted spare tire. Many SUVs, including the larger Land Cruisers mount the tire under the car for this reason, but the FJ is a purpose built offroader and most serious wheelers re-mount the tire on the bumper for a better departure angle and rear ground clearance. Also it can be difficult to get the tire out from under the car if you have a flat on rough ground. To help with backing, the FJ does have an available sensor to warn when you are getting too close to something - if you are one of those people who don't know where the corners of your car are. I really doubt many wheelers will use the system though, when you are offroading you have to have total awareness of where your vehicle is. At times tire placement must be absolutely precise, so wheelers develop very good situational awareness. Simply getting our Land Cruiser in and out of our split-door garage is enough to give some people brown trousers, there is only about 2 inches clearance on each side of the mirrors and about an inch above the roof rack when you pull in or out.

So far the best looking cross-over vehicle for me has to be the Infiniti FX series. It just looks so muscular and angry.....

Koenig said:
So far the best looking cross-over vehicle for me has to be the Infiniti FX series. It just looks so muscular and angry.....

QFMFT, The FX is seriously beautiful. And the sound it makes even at part throttle. :twisted:

bartboy9891 said:

Look at past Buicks. The portholes actually mean something.

jetsetter said:
bartboy9891 said:

i understand that the portholes are something that Buicks are known for, but the placement of these just look very out of place.

Heh, come to think of it, the front does look kinda messy, like they had all these really great well-drawn design cues and just threw them on a clay model. Maybe somebody tripped and a headlight went flying. :lol:

Still, looks more distinctive than most SUVCrossoverBarges out there anyway. Remember the Rendezvous? How about the Rainier? :yucky:

jetsetter said:
bartboy9891 said:

Yeah, back in the late 40's it showed that the Buick had a V8 instead of a long inline engine, but those days are long past and sticking fake chrome ports where they don't belong is silly.

they should be lower on the side...and as the FJ, its all a matter of opinion...I do not like them. You do, you do not like the buick, I do.