New DS9 (Citroen)

MiXAL

Some good looking European, not so known car

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a31077590/ds-9-sedan-photos-info/

2020-ds9-v0013-1582562515.jpg

cl-19-503-040-1582561452.jpg

As much as I find the DS brand useless, and its name a sacrilege, I think this is quite a good looking car considering what it is. Having said that, I find the interior overdesigned and tacky.

I love funky French interiors. The odd color choices, the lines that don't quite line up with industry norms, the use of materials - I don't know, I guess that quote from Clarkson holds true. "I'd rather be wrong than boring."

I love funky French interiors. The odd color choices, the lines that don't quite line up with industry norms, the use of materials - I don't know, I guess that quote from Clarkson holds true. "I'd rather be wrong than boring."

I'm usually all about funky French interiors, but this one seems to be done slightly unconventional just for the sake of looking more expensive than for ergonomics or innovation. I could apply the same to the exterior design, but then, I guess for a modern large sedan it looks good.

I have a similar problem with Peugeot's interior design language. IMHO modern Peugeots have tacky interiors - they wanted to make them look expensive, so they fitted them with loads of fake chrome and some questionable choices from ergonomic standpoint. It's as if the French are trying to be unconventional and stand out so people would perceive them as a higher quality brand (than they actually are), rather than because they want to be different for the sake of letting their designers have some freedom and making them unique, if what I wrote makes any sense.

It's not just DS cars and Peugeots I have this problem with. I have a similar problem with modern cars in general - I have a feeling that the interior designers just want to make the cars look upmarket, and that the quality in many cases doesn't reflect that. The huge touchscreens, the digital instruments, the odd-shaped gear knobs - it all takes away from the ergonomics for the sake of integration with your smart devices or looking more expensive than it actually is.

You guys realize this is in fact no more than a Peugeot 508 with a more conservative dashboard?

China-only Peugeot 508L, to be more precise, which means no rear hatch and no frameless side windows.

And with the new DS9 you get both - boring and wrong in one package

The body is certainly generic, I wish it had a little more funk. I like the interior; these days I'm much more interested in comfort than speed.

Looks like an Audi on the outside with an interesting interior. It’s nice.