New Exhaust system on my dads 08' Hemi Ram [Mopar Man = Pwnt]

I see the bland inside of a pickup truck with an automatic gearbox and a V8 engine that sounds like it wants to take on a V8 Aston or something, and moves like a bulldozer loaded with solid concrete. And the driver thinks he's just watching a movie or something.
It's all wrong.

@ D-Fence: I must have had that video in my mind without knowing :p

Presumably because Mopar Man keeps talking about the Aston Martin his father has, the GTR he's about to buy, the numbers-matching 1968 Charger R/T 426 Hemi sitting under the tarp in their garage behind the brand-new 1948 Vincent Black Lightning, the Faberg? egg he's using as a tarp tie-down for said Charger, the Amber Room that's in their basement, and the Elvis they kidnapped back in 1977 and that they've been keeping in said mythical room for the last 31 years.

All of that is my fathers, I never said I owned any of it.

Like the timeless interwebnets saying goes: JPEG or it didn't happen!

Oh, god, those are AssMasters (aka FlowMasters), aren't they?

You can *hear* the infamous FlowMaster drone/resonance at 1:09 until the MDS kicks in and it starts to fade away around 1:11/1:12. You also hear it again at 2:00.

Some people think that sounds good. I find it gives me a headache, especially on highway trips.

-500 points for being dumb enough to want AssMasters. Go buy a Magnaflow system instead - those are a lot less restrictive and sound a lot better.

So mr. magnaflow, what do you think of Dynomax?

I know some of their cheap stuff is only justified by its prices, but i have heard good stuff about their stainless products.

PS: I don't think it sounds any worse or better between 1:05 and 1:15, it all just sounds like flowmaster, and even when it does quiet down you can still hear it as a drone rather then a gentle rumble.

Anyways, personally my favorite muffler (if i had to use one, which you don't in Michigan) are the any of the straight threw mufflers like the dynomax or magnaflow, but in particular the ones where the perforated pipe is only perforated for the first 1/2 of the muffler length. Seems to help maintain the good parts of the engines actual sound, instead of simulating them like Flowmasters do.

DO NOT USE OVERTLY LARGE PIPES OR TIPS, IT WILL SOUND LIKE ASS

Update: These sound okay, a bit raspy, but its a option.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=6A8gKslCUm8[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Well I've heard enough, no flowmasters, we're now considering the infamous AeroTurbine 3030.

[YOUTUBE]1EqiGJHK2ZI[/YOUTUBE]

I think these sound WAY better.

Well I've heard enough, no flowmasters, we're now considering the infamous AeroTurbine 3030.

[YOUTUBE]1EqiGJHK2ZI[/YOUTUBE]

I think these sound WAY better.

Magnaflows!~

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=cRXVm16HkGo[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Magnaflow FTW

Flowmashers sound good on small block fords, thats it.

I like the sound of a flowmaster on a V8. Yeah, it's loud, that's the point. And so what if it doesn't increase HP by much, like that would make any real difference in the real world. The only real reason people upgrade their exhausts on their street cars is for the sound, let's be honest.

My dad put a Magnaflow on his 5.8L Bronco. It actually doesn't sound much different then stock.

I like the sound of a flowmaster on a V8. Yeah, it's loud, that's the point. And so what if it doesn't increase HP by much, like that would make any real difference in the real world. The only real reason people upgrade their exhausts on their street cars is for the sound, let's be honest.

My dad put a Magnaflow on his 5.8L Bronco. It actually doesn't sound much different then stock.

All depends on what you get i guess. I like loud V8s. They sound pretty cool and mean. Throttle response seems to get a little better as well.

So mr. magnaflow, what do you think of Dynomax?

I know some of their cheap stuff is only justified by its prices, but i have heard good stuff about their stainless products.

Their stainless stuff is rather inconsistent in assembly quality. Sometimes it is good, sometimes it is bad. <shrug> Never had a bad Magnaflow, though.

and that matters why?

YOU claimed that your dad owns those and told everybody you were going to get pics and still haven't.
He can't find youtube videos of them or pics in a similar environment.

This thread and the other one bout the truck and Vantage was hilariously, makes for good reading if you're in a bad mood...

Now, I'm just wondering, and I'm not gonna get involved in any arguments, just a thought, that assuming my dad owns a vantage which is in our house garage where I stay, I could still take more pics of it with the meth plate, even if it's under "lock & key"... couldn't I? And maybe take some shots of the interior from the outside, with my little brat sister's dog?

... just wondering, that's all... :whistle:

I've alwys thought FLowmasters are the best sounding chambered mufflers out there. They dont win flowtests, but they DO work very well to even out exhaust pulses and help scavenging. Exhaust air isnt just a stream of air, it's pulses. THe chambered exhausts like the flowmasters allow the pulses to expand and coalesce smoothly.

That said, the drone is horrid. I had one on my Camaro and I LOVED the sound, but it wasnt loud enough (LOL... I didnt think it was....) and the drone was HORRIBLE. The drone would kick in at around 1700RPMs and just get higher and higher in pitch from there. For me in overdrive that meant at EXACTLY 60 MPH I got this weird resonating all the way through the car.

I've now got a massive 3 inch dual exhaust system with Moroso Spiralflow bullet style "mufflers" on there.

morosospiralflow.jpg

These mufflers are QUIETER ON THE HIGHWAY THAN THE FLOWMASTER.

They're obnoxiously loud under load though.

[youtube]pcMrnqWe9ms[/youtube]

They're meant more for performance than sound, though.

I gotta say, I love the way flowmasters sound at low speeds and at idle. That nice soft metallic rumble burble they have is very cool. But that drone (Even though I got used to it no problem) was ridiculous.

Last edited:
Glasspacks sound like shit. (no relevance to this thread, just thought i would say it before anybody brought it up)