New Exhaust system on my dads 08' Hemi Ram [Mopar Man = Pwnt]

thanks. ill try to get a video of me giving it some. but even when i do that she doesnt go to fast lol. oh well. its my cruiser anyway. itll be getting some patriot side pipes come the spring. and im looking at a 94 z28. so thatll be fun :wicked:

Atleast read it, please.

Atleast read it, please.

Anyone that willingly has straight pipes on a street car or truck for a period greater than that required to get to a muffler shop is sending the following message:

"I am an inconsiderate cock who does not care that my vehicle may cause hearing damage, disturb the peace, and make all car enthusiasts look like idiots thus ensuring that people will take steps to further res...etc etc etc.

Fartmaster can or rumbling V8, NOBODY likes to hear an engine at 140dB at 3AM when you're coming home past their bedroom window.

Cars with straight pipes are considerably louder than sportbikes with light cans. Proven via dB meter.

Also, while the guy with the sportbike *could* keep it quiet if he wanted to (and he's just being a prick by not doing so), there is no way to keep a car with a straight pipe quiet; even at idle, it's going to be stupid loud.

I once ran my XJ6 (4.2L I6) without a exhaust after the collector for one block to get it to the muffler shop to have a new flexpipe welded on.

120dB at idle, measured.

Fortunately, I got a warning as I got pulled over at the muffler shop, who was expecting me.

Hopefully by now you atleast got a gist that i have a fair amount of respect for you Spectre, but what your saying goes a little beyond rational.

First off, not all cars are 120db at idle, i know for a fact that my broken Tempo is 68db in the cabin, and that (atleast in the cabin) it never ever excedes 88db, even at WOT and with huge bangs on decel. (my DB meter is a "Smart Sensor" AR824 with a range of 30db to 130)

With that said I DO NOT like annoying people, nore am i trying to dickwag, i know its a POS car, but the only time i have ever really enjoyed the car is when its thundering away at me and banging when i hit the brakes, sorry if its just because I'm young, but I've been around and driven many load cars, their are some that seem to play the music just so damn well. My MR2 came with a extremely annoying 4" fart can on it, which i quickly removed, but i remember a friend telling me he could hear the car from 2 miles away (really pissed me off as i hated the fartcan sound.) Same car without any muffling, but stock 1.75 piping, was only audible when it got a block away, same friend at the same house as well. I later tried a 2.5 inch exhaust tip (with cat on) and for some reason that was loader and much more annoying then the 1.75 piping was. Point is i don't think you can lay a blanket over everybody without mufflers, because in truth its possible to have a load and annoying muffled and catted car, and at the inverse have a fairly reasonable car without any muffling. On a final note, rasp seems to boost DB levels alot, so maybe you can see why i hate that (besides the fact it sounds awful)

With all that said, i see your point about not trying to annoy people to the point that the general public takes the side of quasi-environmentalists. How do you feel about cars being load when nobody is around to hear them? Say on country roads at 4PM etc?

Furthermore i do kinda have a appreciate for your hatred because it forces people like me who honestly love the sound of open heads to try and figure out ways of quieting the car down without loosing all the quality of the sound, something that i rarely ever see done properly.

I will admit i do agree completely about cats though, as i have heard a few multi-catted cars that sound spectacular, and fairly quiet despite the complete lack of mufflers

^what he said :D and to add, there's a difference between a loud beautiful sounding exhaust and and a crap high-pitched annoying one which sets off car alarms and wakes you up at 3am when they past your street.

Let me know what you guys think, this is my uncle who lives down in Greenwood, he's got the same truck and we're getting this exact system installed, let me know what you think!

The great thing about the 06-present 5.7L HEMI is the addition of the MDS (Multi-Displacement System) which deactivates 4 cylinders at cruising speed, the beauty of this is at cruising speed its nice and quiet, and you don't get annoyed after a while by cabin noise. But any time you slightly push your foot down, all 8 fire up, and you get a lovely American V8 growl.

Listen to that HEMI roar at 1:40!

Well first off, thanks Mopar Man for posting my video on this forum. I kinda stumbled over here after seeing that my video had a bunch of hits linked from this site.

Anyway... You guys can say what you want. Everyone has their own idea of what their car or truck should sound like. Me personally I did not want a V8 Hemi sounding like a grocery getter, which is what it did sound like stock. The Flowmasters may not be everyone's personal favorite, but I personally think the 50 Series HD sounds excellent on my Ram. The exhaust is loud under heavy acceleration and WOT, however it's far from loud under normal acceleration and cruising. I was not looking for more performance, my truck has enough horses to appease me.

It's loud enough to let me know it's there, but quiet enough not to disturb the neighbors when I pull into my house late at night.

The video makes it seem louder than it really is. I don't know if it's b/c I mounted it in the back or what, but it's easy to carry on a conversation in my truck, and the wife doesn't mind the extra noise.

I average around 5k miles a month with my job, I couldn't have an obnoxious exhaust. I have many people that ride in my truck that have never complained, but do get many compliments.

In the end it is a matter of opinion. I have heard other exhausts on the Ram and haven't heard anything that would change my opinion about mine.

Anyway, thanks to the criticisms of my driving, I agree I don't drive 10 and 2, however it's worked for me so far... :rolleyes:

And b/c it seems on this board that people don't believe other people about their rides, here you go:

Random Shots of the truck:
S5000191.jpg

S5000192.jpg

The Exhaust exits that were in question in the first place:
pipes.jpg

And my dodgeforum.com signature.
truckmods6.jpg

Last edited:
Well first off, thanks Mopar Man for posting my video on this forum.

This isn't his first time lying about shit either.

I'm tired of it and he's now permabanned.

Ahaha, he edited his post:

Let me know what you guys think, he's got the same truck and we're getting this exact system installed, let me know what you think!

The great thing about the 06-present 5.7L HEMI is the addition of the MDS (Multi-Displacement System) which deactivates 4 cylinders at cruising speed, the beauty of this is at cruising speed its nice and quiet, and you don't get annoyed after a while by cabin noise. But any time you slightly push your foot down, all 8 fire up, and you get a lovely American V8 growl.

Listen to that HEMI roar at 1:40!

I've gone into the post history and reverted it to the original version.

bwhite757, you're my new hero. :welcome:

Last edited:
SUPER KA-OWNED!

So now all the stooges are banned, and peace has been restored upon the FinalGear forums.

That's gonna make for an embarrassing story at the next family reunion. :lol:

(Which, of course, will presumably at Mopar Man's secret moon base where his father's Aston, GT-R, and dwarf unicorn stable are located atop the Ark of the Covenant.)

Wow, that's funny. It doesn't even make any sense for him to say that it was his uncle, it's like he was lying for the sake of lying.

That's gonna make for an embarrassing story at the next family reunion. :lol:

(Which, of course, will presumably at Mopar Man's secret moon base where his father's Aston, GT-R, and dwarf unicorn stable are located atop the Ark of the Covenant.)

You can't forget his other 2 or 3 trucks, a Dodge Daytona, 68 Hemi charger, and now his 70 cuda. Anything else I'm forgetting?

Wow so we are trollless now. I wonder how long it will last, and more importantly who will the next troll be? Will he be a nationalist zealot, a truck nazi, an anti-truck nazi, a whiny high school kid, just a general dick, a prius zealot, or maybe something new?

I'm sure MoparMan is too busy polishing The Silver Ghost that he has parked in his Amber Room to notice he's been banned.

Wait a sec - How do we know that bwhite757 is not his uncle? He stated in his original post that his uncle is from Greenwood and bwhite757 lists his location as Greenwood.... Not that I'm clamoring for Mopar Man to come back - I'm just sayin'.

Oh my god, I can't believe I missed this as it was happening. Now that he is gone though, I can rest easy that all the riff-raff is gone for FG.com.