New for 2008 - Ford release new 'Kinetic' Focus

Cobol74

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
Ford not standing on their laurels with the new 2008 Focus but have improved even their current class leading car.

The new Focus doesn't just do its job; it sets the benchmark for the class. Not only does it look the part, but the ride and handling are superb. The steering is precise and assured into corners and provides excellent feel and driver involvement.

The introduction of Fords PowerShift transmission in 2008 is another first for Ford; a six-speed double-clutch automated manual (similar to the VW DSG system), which will be available in the 2.0litre TDCi model.
For the 2.0 Diesel:
Specification

Model: Ford Focus
Price: ?18,295
On sale: January 2008
Engine: 2.0litre Duratorq TDCi
Power: 135bhp @ 6000rpm
Torque: 185lb/ft @ 4500rpm
Performance: 0-62mph in 9.3 seconds, top speed 126mph
Fuel economy: 51.3mpg
CO2 emissions: 144g/km
Nice car, just got better.

Full article: http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain...on=Ford Focus 2008&featureid=1013&pageid=2465

focus_redside.jpg

focus_back.jpg

Kinda meh-looking. The back looks as akward as before but the front is now a bit nicer. Mondeo is far far more better looking though.
And PowerShift sounds like somekind of Lego.

A diesel with peak power at 6000 RPM? Strange. Anyhoo, I cant really tell any great big "kinetic" design going on. It looks just like the old one, with a big Aston-Martin/Peugeot grille...

You know...those headlamps and grille just end up looking the vaguest bit Jag XF'ish.

It reminds of the Cougar...how that was going to be the new Mercury styling...and then ended up being utilized by Ford. Hopefully the same doesn't happen here.

Steve

I was sort of expecing a bunch of pendulums that recharge the battery while you drive. :hmm:

Me wants.
5 door version of course. I really really like the new facelift the Focus has going on. :)
The rear lights are... meant for teenagers. Never liked clear/light/white/chrome rear lights... maybe that's just me. :|

But I think it's good over all. I wonder how much that is in Finland...

Last edited:
Not as pretty as the Mondeo, but it's finally has a more attractive face :)

The dealers here already have it in their showrooms and I must admit that it is really a step upwards when it comes to cabin design and the materials used for it. The gauges really look nice and very expensive. Compared to it the Golf ist just dull and boring.
The Diesels are developed with Peugeot I believe, the have a much wider torque band than VW's TDIs for example, they almost drive and rev like a proper petrol engine.

I preferred the looks of the old one. This look doesn't really suit a small car.

i have always liked the design of the ford focus, this is no exception :thumbup:

I love its looks!!

Definetly I'm going to buy one next year! I hope to get one with the sweet 1.6Ti engine!!

I hope u can get it because as i've said in another thread, they look to be discontinuing the better 1.6 petrol engine for some reason :(

Insert typical "WHY ISN'T IT COMING TO AMERICA?!!!" bitterness here.

Why isn't it coming to America? Not resting on its laurels, my ass.

I thought that someone would notice the MPG on that thing. OK, uses Imperial and not US Gallons, but still not too shabby with the performance to go with it.

Wasn't the Focus just facelifted this year? IIRC, it was here back in July with a new bumper.

I like the looks of the new front, but the rear I'm not so sure about.

It's a shame it doesn't sell as well as it should, because it's a far nicer car than the Toyota Corolla, IMO.

I hope u can get it because as i've said in another thread, they look to be discontinuing the better 1.6 petrol engine for some reason :(

Yeah!!!

But according to the spanish website and national car magazines, the engine hasn't been dropped in here so I suppose it's something to do with UK.

I liked the pre-facelift better. It just looked more muscular, somehow.

The TDCI version are fast, i hired out the 2litre version and wow it sticks to the road like glue. Nippy:mrgreen: I heard there was gonna be a 16v 2.2litre version coming out unless i'm wrong?

Top 10 registered models in 2006

NEW CAR REGISTRATIONS 7
Rank Make Model Range Volume

1 FORD FOCUS 137,694
2 VAUXHALL ASTRA 105,296
3 FORD FIESTA 103,856
4 VAUXHALL CORSA 73,923
5 RENAULT M?GANE 62,069
6 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 62,011
7 RENAULT CLIO 57,192
8 BMW 3 SERIES 50,248
9 FORD MONDEO 48,021
10 VAUXHALL ZAFIRA 47,527
Total top 10 747,837
Total market 2,344,864

Not too shabby - source http://www.smmt.co.uk/downloads/motorfacts.pdf
Produced by the society of motor manufacturers and traders - the official UK trade body.