New Jaguar XJ

anti-net

9080121.002.Mini1L.jpg

9080121.002.Mini8L.jpg

9080121.002.Mini10L.jpg

While the new Jaguar XF is picking up its What Car? Car of the Year Award in the UK, the Jaguar technical team is out in Northern Scandinavia testing the new underpinnings of the brand new, and radically different Jaguar XJ. It will also be much more daring than the Jaguar XF since the XJ will sell far less than the XF, according to Ian Callum, Jaguar's chief of design.

Don't be fooled by the exterior, it is taken from the current XJ, which received a facelift recently, but has been adjusted to make room for the wider track. The underpinning is based on the existing all-aluminium platform but modified for the X351, the new XJ's codename. Our spies expect to see the unveiling of the new Jaguar XJ in spring 2011.

Ian Callum has been full of praise about the Mercedes CLS, leading us to believe that the new XJ will combine the classic Jaguar design cues with the four-door coupe concept.

Source

We'll have to wait to see what it'll REALLY look like becuase I believe they've just put an old body on it, they did the same with the XF by putting an Ye Olde S-Type body on. - I like the spotlights though!

Last edited:
I want those spotlights!

Wonder if they're an option on the new XJ...

I hope that the exterior doesn't change too much - I love how the current XJ looks. Maybe it's just the picture, but doesn't that interior look pretty cramped?

What is that? The new Jaguar XJ Dakar Ed.?
I was thinking more "Mad Max" edition. I like the blacked out look on it, with the goofy little fender flares and spotlights. It's a shame there's no real technical info on it, but isn't the XF already pretty light on its feet?

so is the new XJ going to be wider? that also looks like its the XJR mule with those extremely meaty tires.

Another one! It wasn't to long ago that the last one was the latest thing in this section.

However. I do like this one a lot. The exterior is pretty much the same, but I think it looks great. And inside they have given it a better interior like the one in the XF.

However. I do like this one a lot. The exterior is pretty much the same, but I think it looks great. And inside they have given it a better interior like the one in the XF.

the pictures shown aren't the new XJ. just it's mule.

Another one! It wasn't to long ago that the last one was the latest thing in this section.

there hasn't been a new model of the XJ for quite some time, just facelifts, which don't really count.

I hate to say this but a raised XJ with spotlights and an XF interior really looks kind of cool :grin: I can't wait to what the new XJ is going to look like.

I love cold weather testing :)

Especially when some high-dollar supercar that will spend its entire life in a Palm Beach garage is out kicking around some snow.

That thing looks so fucking badass with huge Blizzaks and light bar.

9080121.002.Mini1L.jpg

It should just look exactly like that. No changes needed.

I am thinking that it will share the grill from the xf so that their is a continuation of a specific look. Although i can't imagine what the exterior would look like. They always trot out that old drawing of the New S type of a few years back with the merc headlights but it had that S type hole of a grill. Anyone think they can mix and match that drawing with the xf grill.

Do you guys think this falls under the old timey Jag that James May rants about? Or might they be adding an XF style grill later? This doesn't seem to fit with their general design direction.

I like it, it doesn't have the DB9 style. And as pretty as the DB9 is, you still have to mix it up!

It's just the old body that's been stretched over the new mechanicals.

if you do a little looking like at the first post it will be a CLS type Coupe sedan. Think Aston Martin Rapide with a bigger front end

Do you guys think this falls under the old timey Jag that James May rants about? Or might they be adding an XF style grill later? This doesn't seem to fit with their general design direction.

I like it, it doesn't have the DB9 style. And as pretty as the DB9 is, you still have to mix it up!
its called a mule. meaning the new XJ's mechanicals are under the old XJ's body.