James May: New Lego & Meccano Engineering Series

I see he's been given all the amenities. Poor swivel chair, though! Also, I foresee some ergonomic issues with the toilet. How's his round arse gonna manage? :)

All in all, a bloody fantastic job! To Heidi, OzGirl and all the volunteers -- you can be damn proud of yourselves. I sincerely hope for your sake the house can be saved!

P.S. Heidi, I'd be adding that to your CV if I were you. And no, I'm not even remotely kidding.

Lego!Fusker was/is a very nice touch. :nod:

That chair? That wasn't us volunteers, that was done by a pro. We all *tested* our stuff was up to scratch.

I see he's been given all the amenities. Poor swivel chair, though! Also, I foresee some ergonomic issues with the toilet. How's his round arse gonna manage? :)

All in all, a bloody fantastic job! To Heidi, OzGirl and all the volunteers -- you can be damn proud of yourselves. I sincerely hope for your sake the house can be saved!

P.S. Heidi, I'd be adding that to your CV if I were you. And no, I'm not even remotely kidding.

Oh I will be! If you look at legohouse.co.uk in the people section there's a group picture with a lot of the volunteers, though some of the ones who were there nearly every day as I was weren't there for the pic which is a shame.

Also, I foresee some ergonomic issues with the toilet. How's his round arse gonna manage? :)

I'd be more worried about the bog roll, that looks really potentially hurtful. :lol:

Well it was mostly for show, really... though actually, with the hired portapotty out of action I'm surprised none of us tested that toilet!

Hi Everyone,

I finally get myself de-lurked, only to discover that the house is done!

Epicly large congratulations to everyone - I worked on it for only a day and a half (in the middle of August) and had to really drag myself away as it was such good fun. Everyone was brilliant and I had the best time.
It's great to see that it is finally finished and furnished.

Ell_Sea_Kay

(Two words that should help jog memories of who I am for those I met - "Scotland" and "cat".)

Ah yes, I remember you. The Fusker Lady! James said they should have got you to make the chair, and then stood on poor Fusker to demonstrate how sturdy it was!

Hmm, that's not the lego portrait *I* saw... interesting. I do hope that one wasn't forgotten, it was a much better likeness...
I suspect those of us who worked on those glasses might have a suspicion why James is pulling a face...

Ah yes, I remember you. The Fusker Lady! James said they should have got you to make the chair, and then stood on poor Fusker to demonstrate how sturdy it was!

*waves*
At least you didn't call me the cat lady!!

Yes - I heard that he was "stress tested" by James' like that. Not sure I could do the chair - looks really complicated. Fusker was just a bit of fun that had to survive the British Postal Service!

I'm so pleased it's all finally finished after all the hard work that was put in.

Any consensus as to when the show's going to air?

Ell_Sea_Kay

Hi Everyone,

I finally get myself de-lurked, only to discover that the house is done!

Epicly large congratulations to everyone - I worked on it for only a day and a half (in the middle of August) and had to really drag myself away as it was such good fun. Everyone was brilliant and I had the best time.
It's great to see that it is finally finished and furnished.

Ell_Sea_Kay

(Two words that should help jog memories of who I am for those I met - "Scotland" and "cat".)

Hey, you. :D:D