James May: New Lego & Meccano Engineering Series

Loved this one watched it with my dad who loved the way they got up the stairs.
At the end of the show when the cars crossed the line did anyone see the little lad in the pink and blue stripy shirt. :D

A very good episode. Fantastic track, hadn't heard about the Brooklands aspect before, so that really added something special to it.

I liked the community vs. the nerds, Aston Vs. Merc, England vs. Germany thing :D Rooted for the community the whole time! Though it was quite hard to make out why they were behind or in front most of the time.

The Onboard cameras were brilliant :D

I think this was the best episode so far. Loved that the whole community got involved and they found ways to get over/under/through all the obstacles (though I was hoping Fusker might make another appearance).

Is it just me or does James' fridge keeping changing colour?:blink:

I think this was the best episode so far. Loved that the whole community got involved and they found ways to get over/under/through all the obstacles (though I was hoping Fusker might make another appearance).

Is it just me or does James' fridge keeping changing colour?:blink:

You know those TARDISes, chameleon circuits always going wrong.

I rather liked that Tiff Needell was James' commentator. And the rest of the episode was very good too!

oh god no................ thats a thought i never want to have mini james.. the orignal is enought lol.... seriously tho when is the lego one????????????????????? I know about saving the best to last but come on at least give us a clue.. it cant be that hard to edit up.. just remove volamort from everything and you have a show

James mentioned in his Telegraph column a couple of weeks ago how he was having the builders in to make a proper room in the attic of his house. I think it's fair to say we now know where he got the idea from. First the Meccano guy, now this Scalextric person. Woman must be thrilled. ;)

I nearly convinced my parents that I needed a loft conversion as a sewing room, but in the end they got a MAHOOSIVE shed instead. It's more a detached extension, it's even got a bay window.
And then I moved out. oops.

James mentioned in his Telegraph column a couple of weeks ago how he was having the builders in to make a proper room in the attic of his house. I think it's fair to say we now know where he got the idea from. First the Meccano guy, now this Scalextric person. Woman must be thrilled. ;)

If I were woman, I'd actually be thrilled, not sarcastically thrilled. It's like having a playroom for the kids, gets their stuff out of your space.

i want one to get peace and quiet from the hubby.. trouble is he likes trains and scaleletric... so does mum so i wouldnt get any peace there either .. altho it means its more likely to happen.... so they can have the loft and i will commender the back room...... all we need is a motor bike in bits in the bath and a lute being constructed in the kitchen and its back to the way it was when I grew up...

Why is it people insist the kitchen is for cooking in..... gas rings are great for metal and wood work .. I grew up being told dinner was late due to the wrought iron work still in the gas rings and the lute glue heating.. it was the days before loft exstentions and heated garden sheds

Last edited:
Is the ep available already?

I don't think so. I came downstairs to hook up to the wire and realized it'll probably be a while yet before it hits the FTPs. Another 30 min probably.

Holy ellipsis and lowercase letters Gabrielle. Geepers. Do you ever actually complete a thought or do you leave them all dangling in outer space like that?

Last edited:

Holy ellipsis and lowercase letters Gabrielle. Geepers. Do you ever actually complete a thought or do you leave them all dangling in outer space like that?[/QUOTE]

what do you mean ?? i am confused

Last edited:
It's up on The Box as well. :)

PM me if you need an invite to join.

Where?

Gabrielle, standard English begins sentences with capital letters concludes them with proper punctuations marks. An ellipses (...) is only used when you are leaving a portion of your sentence out. Technically it should only be used when abbreviating a direct quote. Despite common use on the internet, an ellipses does not indicate a pause in speech. We're certainly not the grammar police around here, but good grief give it a little bit of effort. You're clearly an adult with a thorough understanding of English.

Despite common use on the internet, an ellipses does not indicate a pause in speech.

Except when you're quoting Jeremy Clarkson. It's the only other acceptable use of the ellipsis...in the world. Ever.