James May: New Lego & Meccano Engineering Series

In the 3rd episode (the Meccano one), anyone know the song at 44:09 and repeated again at 45:32. Also, the song used 46:03. Thanks.
46:03 is BTO - You ain't seen nothing yet
44:09 sounds a bit Eric Johnsonish to me

Watch the Winter Olympics special- James' eyes are an amazing blue there when against the snow. So are Jeremy's actually.

And people's eye colour can change slightly from day to day, which may be why there was a bit of confusion. Mine are a weird mix of grey, blue and green- some days they are blue-grey with a nint of green, some days they are grey-green with a hint of blue.

And I never noticed the scar either, I am going to look for it now in the hi-def top gear eps though! :lol:. And maybe somebody could ask him about it if he does another twitter Q&A or something.

Watch the Winter Olympics special- James' eyes are an amazing blue there when against the snow. So are Jeremy's actually.

And people's eye colour can change slightly from day to day, which may be why there was a bit of confusion. Mine are a weird mix of grey, blue and green- some days they are blue-grey with a nint of green, some days they are grey-green with a hint of blue.

And I never noticed the scar either, I am going to look for it now in the hi-def top gear eps though! :lol:. And maybe somebody could ask him about it if he does another twitter Q&A or something.

no offence intended but i can't see that going down well. "hey james, how'd you get that scar on your nose? did you walk up to another choirboy and say 'Rick Astley can sing better than you!' or did you just forget to feed your cat?"

Just got myself an Italeri Spitfire MK. IX 1:72 scale model. I don't think I can get Airfix over here(Revell is more popular) and found this one in a store. Now let's see what I can make of it, considering it's the first model I've made that requires gluing parts together.

no offence intended but i can't see that going down well. "hey james, how'd you get that scar on your nose? did you walk up to another choirboy and say 'Rick Astley can sing better than you!' or did you just forget to feed your cat?"

I could've sworn I heard/read James say in an interview he got into a bad fight over a prank he pulled on some other choirboys.

^ I think you're right, he got punched in the face by another choirboy, in the churchyard after practice - you've watch those choirboys, they're vicious little sods ;)

I'm in Liverpool this week so had a stroll down to the Liver building on me lunch to see the Meccano bridge and its not there anymore!

I'm in Liverpool this week so had a stroll down to the Liver building on me lunch to see the Meccano bridge and its not there anymore!

It only had one use. I'm sure they wouldn't leave it up as a lasting memorial. Probably kind of a nuisance to have a bridge no one can use.

If you search further back, Munkeyboy has told us that it's back (in bits) at the Uni of Liverpool Engineering Dept

I noticed a snippet in a TV listings magazine which said that the Lego house was estimated to have cost ?3.2 million. Did it - anyone?

Mind you, the same magazine also said it was built at Legoland in Windsor

Ahh I have been waiting for nothing... no toy stories tonight?

Not until around Christmastime. Then you'll see the last two episodes.

I noticed a snippet in a TV listings magazine which said that the Lego house was estimated to have cost ?3.2 million. Did it - anyone?

Mind you, the same magazine also said it was built at Legoland in Windsor

I have seen 3.3 mil a few places. I wondered at the time if that was on top of all the free labor or if they had put a cost on that too.

Maybe if they had payed for everything that would have been around the cost, but a lot of the labor was free, lego "lent" the bricks. The wine people "lent" the land. I really think it was actually build for WAY less than that.