New Mitsubishi Evo X FQ-400

:lol: Full torque is at 3,500rpm, meaning it's making boost around 2,000rpm. Got forbid you have to drop a gear to overtake someone. :lol:

If you want a lazy car, get an automatic. Or, get the EVO X FQ360 SST version.

I do have an automatic :'( (and kick myself in the ass over that decision even though I can change gears manually) You have to take into account where I drive. Generally speaking the cars run pretty tight and it's not easy to find an opening so to get around them you need something with good response, shifting down and accelerating takes more time than just accelerating. With a large displacement engine that makes torque very low in the rev range you can gain that .5 of a second that you need.

Like I said I like the car but I have been somewhat disillusioned by promises of large power out of small engines. I've driven powerful 4cyl and V8 and it's just completely different even if the power is about the same V8 is much more "useable".

525Nm @ 3,500rpm. I would expect around 300Nm by 1,500rpm or so. Add to that the short gearing on the 5MT gearbox (3,200rpm @ 62mph) You would be right in the sweet spot for overtaking.

My car on a roll race with an F6 Typhoon (270kW, 565Nm) is as fast in 4th gear from 40mph-100mph as the Typhoon is leaving it in "D" in the ZF 6 speed which drops back to second.

My advice would be to go and drive a new T4 engine, you will be very suprised.

Last edited:
Test drove a 2009 Lancer 2.0 TD the other day for a laugh, only had 10 miles on the clock so had to keep to low revs but boy did it take off when the turbo spooled! Everyone though it was an Evo, dealer didn't even bother coming. Haha.