New model, Old parts!

But the Kia Rio, is ugly, slow, and lame.

The 323, is peppy, fun, and (I think) it's actually a good looking car.

1987 Mazda 323 0-60: 10.0. (The automatic is 1.1 seconds slower)
2009 Kia Rio 0-60: 9.4.

Sorry. The 323 is slower.

I'll trade you an SM for a DS.

schwarzer_DS.jpg

:wub:

Though I love the DS/ID, they sold over 1 million of them and various versions were on sale for almost 20 years. The SM was only on sale in the early 70's and it doesn't have the legend status that the DS has. The SM is an unknown compared to the DS. I would love to own a DS or SM if I ever have the means of maintaining one properly, but if one had to be sold again I would choose the SM.

Lmao at the title :lol:

1993.toyota.tercel.10149-T.jpg

It would be great if they gave a Tercel like this a more modern 1.5L DOHC 16V engine that makes around 110 or so hp and a new steering wheel and dual airbags. At least this car won't be desperately ugly (see the Echo) or have an interior with plastics that are more at home with a chalkboard (I loved spelling out my name with my fingernails on the Yaris at the auto show). Being that it weighs a hundred or so kilos less than modern sub compacts, I think it'd be quite peppy.

Lmao at the title :lol:

1993.toyota.tercel.10149-T.jpg

It would be great if they gave a Tercel like this a more modern 1.5L DOHC 16V engine that makes around 110 or so hp and a new steering wheel and dual airbags. At least this car won't be desperately ugly (see the Echo) or have an interior with plastics that are more at home with a chalkboard (I loved spelling out my name with my fingernails on the Yaris at the auto show). Being that it weighs a hundred or so kilos less than modern sub compacts, I think it'd be quite peppy.

That would also be the Kia Rio.

Here is what I think car companies should bring back, with slightly updated technology:
- Mitsubishi 3000GT - why did they stop making it? twin turbo, four wheel drive, four wheel steering, active aerodynamics
- Nissan 300ZX - same as above. Why did they have to replace it with the 350Z? IMO, the 350Z is uglier and less andvanced than the 300ZX

Both those cars still have the looks and would work if they were branded as new.

Concept cars: The Lamborghini/Italdesign Cala!

In this day and age, I think fun, reliable, cheap, bare bones cars would sell well.

Something like a 1987 Mazda 323, with EFI.

BMW need to make a super entry level car that goes for like $15K and has absolutly no features, but is super light and fun to drive. Even sell it under a different name. Something like a late 80s 318is

If they just put the DOHC e30 318is back on the market with the newer 4 cylinders I think they would sell a shit load of them and wouldn't cost them much to make.

Also a gen II RX-7 with some minor styling updates to make it more modern would sell well I think.

As much as I like the FC, I think the best option would be to just re-release the Last couple of years FD. Those fixed all the issues the US/euro spec cars had and are capable of more factory power (near 400whp on stock twins).

They need to bring back the old Japanese hot hatches: Corolla FX16, CRX and Civic hatchbacks, and Mirage Turbo (or are those only swaps?).

Here is what I think car companies should bring back, with slightly updated technology:
- Mitsubishi 3000GT - why did they stop making it? twin turbo, four wheel drive, four wheel steering, active aerodynamics
- Nissan 300ZX - same as above. Why did they have to replace it with the 350Z? IMO, the 350Z is uglier and less andvanced than the 300ZX

Both those cars still have the looks and would work if they were branded as new.

Concept cars: The Lamborghini/Italdesign Cala!

The 3000GT was like a pseudo Skyline GT-R, and the American models at least didn't have a good reputation for being well built. Plus it weighed almost 4,000lbs and didn't seem to set any new standards despite it's features.

mk2geel.jpg

I'd buy one.

Where do i sign ?

That's an easy fix. People have been dropping the L-series engines out of the Z line into them for decades, and more recently have been installing VGs and VQs into them. :D

[youtube]kl75pIjbOL0[/youtube]

Why not just put a SR20 in one ? Most popular engine conversion for Datsuns in Australia.

We didn't get the SR20 except in the poorly-selling Infiniti G20.

My #1 pick for a "new" old car is...
1957%20Mercedes%20300SL%20Gullwing%200043.JPG

That with all modern technology and a 5.5L or 6.2L AMG V8 would just be serious business! :D Oh yea!

Classic RWD Celicas, 240Zs and Golfs are definitely up there. Since, for some reason, I've been on a truck kick lately, I'd like to nominate the 1967-1972 GM C/K pickup. Or even the 1973-1987 C/Ks. Over the last 20 years trucks have gotten pointlessly (comicly?) huge. No one needs a half-ton that can pull 5 tons. I think there would be a market for a real, simple, easy to maintain truck that you could actually drive around town without running someone over. Or maybe I'm just projecting. :lol:
109-0943_IMG.JPG

If we could get those classic colors too, man that would be great. :puke:

Agreed, however I'd get only this year and in orange:
preview.jpg

R34 GT-R would be a no brainer but then who'd buy the R35?

R33 GT-R FTMFW!
1997%20Skyline%20GT-R%20V.jpg

That's an easy fix. People have been dropping the L-series engines out of the Z line into them for decades, and more recently have been installing VGs and VQs into them. :D

[youtube]kl75pIjbOL0[/youtube]

Where do I sign up?

I had a '93 VR-4 and I loved the hell out of it...and I miss it.
00676369E17_1.jpg

Mine was dark charcoal grey...and I never saw another one ever still to this day. Rarest color?

The 3000GT was like a pseudo Skyline GT-R, and the American models at least didn't have a good reputation for being well built. Plus it weighed almost 4,000lbs and didn't seem to set any new standards despite it's features.

'91-'93 VR4's weighed in at ~3760lbs. Not quite 4000lbs but still, I'm being pedantic.

We didn't get the SR20 except in the poorly-selling Infiniti G20.

I owned this car that had the SR20DE in it...

1998 Nissan 200SX SE-R:
98_nissan_200sx_se_r.jpg

Mine was blue, and I miss that car too. Pretty damn quick for stock @ 140bhp and only weghing ~3300lbs.

My #1 pick for a "new" old car is...
1957%20Mercedes%20300SL%20Gullwing%200043.JPG

That with all modern technology and a 5.5L or 6.2L AMG V8 would just be serious business! :D Oh yea!

You would need to totally redesign the suspension so that it didn't kill you. :p That thing almost got Stirling Moss.

Where do I sign up?

There's a shop over in Garland that can make one for you.

I owned this car that had the SR20DE in it...

1998 Nissan 200SX SE-R:
98_nissan_200sx_se_r.jpg

Mine was blue, and I miss that car too. Pretty damn quick for stock @ 140bhp and only weghing ~3300lbs.

I forgot about that one. :p

One thing I loved about late 60's early 70's trucks from GM and Ford is that they are so wide that you can stand IN the engine bay while working on them.
Heh, you sure can. I used to sit on the fender of my '81 C10 with my feet on the frame rail when I worked on it. :lol: The great thing about them is that they just look so wide and low compared to a new truck. But even a short bed, 2WD '67-'72 isn't a whole lot larger than my S10. And they had those awesome coil rear suspensions with the ridiculously long trailing arms.

Agreed, however I'd get only this year and in orange:
preview.jpg
The solid color trucks with the bar grille were my favorite too. Personally I'd prefer one that's black on black.

You would need to totally redesign the suspension so that it didn't kill you. :p That thing almost got Stirling Moss.

It made up for it in '55.

It made up for it in '55.

That's true... the suspension was so bad it not only killed the driver, it killed dozens of random people nearby. And then the magnesium caught fire, killing more people.

isn't the tagline "new model, ORIGINAL parts" though?

I'd like a VW Polo 2F Coup? with modern engine, transmission, brakes and suspension - say from the latest-gen Polo GTI - as a nice little city car.

And in the dream car compartment: Oh yes, Citro?n SM with non-failing mechanics please.

And in the dream car compartment: Oh yes, Citro?n SM with non-failing mechanics please.

In a franco-italian cooperation like the SM (most appropriate-named car ever) this is an oxymoron.