New phone time! Help!

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
OK, so now my phone started randomly turning off at around 35% battery and generally acting weird, so I guess after nearly 3 years, it's time for my Moto Maxx to go away.
Thing is: I wouldn't want to downgrade, but I don't quite know how to compare the new devices with it, since I know I can't directly compare number of cores and MHz, with different processors having different features and capabilities.
Here are the specs of my current device

Samsung Galaxy S8 is not a viable options because it costs between 800 and 1200 Euros (non+ and + respectively).
HTC and Huawei are also out because not sold here.
No iPhone either.
Thanks in advance.:mrgreen:

Last edited:
To be honest, I like the idea of the iPhone X, but even if I could learn to live with the Apple ecosystem, the starting price of US$1800 makes it a bit of a "NOPE".

To be honest, I like the idea of the iPhone X, but even if I could learn to live with the Apple ecosystem, the starting price of US$1800 makes it a bit of a "NOPE".

Yeah the price tag is a huge turn off, see if you can get the outgoing Pixel perhaps, prices should drop when the 2 comes out

Yeah the price tag is a huge turn off, see if you can get the outgoing Pixel perhaps, prices should drop when the 2 comes out

I wanted a Pixel since they launched, but they're not available here. :|

Grey import?

Risky.
Devices that didn't get homologated on the local telecommunications agency will be blacklisted from the network starting in October, effectively making them a very expensive paperweight.
Yay for microcellphones that people carry to inside of prisons inside their butts.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X?

EDIT: Or if you do not want the insane battery life and must have an 800 series proc, the Mi Note 2 (821) or the Mi 6 (835).

Last edited:
How would Asus zenphones compare?

Would it perhaps be an idea to list the phones that are available and affordable? Much easier then for folk to chime in with pros and cons of each model?