• Nokian Line

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hankokk K425 or Hankook K115

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

peta303

Car(s)
2002 ?koda Fabia estate, 2009 Roomster
Hello guys & girls, at the moment I am deciding what to buy to replace my aging and worn set of Bridgestone Turanza ER300... I'd like to ask you for your opinion / experience upon the following list or suggestions of others. Thanks in advance to you all. :)

So far Goodyear is my top choice as I bought my father-in-law for the same car as mine a 14" set of Efficientgrip Compact which appears to be surprisingly good; I have also tested Continentals with similar output but they seem to wear out too quickly as the Bridgestones did. Unfortunately no ADAC tests for 195/50 at all and hardly any for similar dimensions in recent years.

Any suggestions for a relaxed driver without ABS, looking for safe tyres (wife is learning to drive). good grip and low impact on fuel consumption welcome. :)

With the exception of Chinese tyres, most of those available in the Czech Republic are made in Poland (Goodyear, Dunlop, Bridgestone), with the exception of Nokian (Finland or Russia), Continental (Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany or Romania) and Hankook (Hungary I think). Almost impossible to get German-made Goodyear or Dunlop or French-made Bridgestone.

Last edited:
I have two similar cars, and one of them has Dunlop BluResponse tires, and the other one Nokian Hakka Green tires, which I think are quite similar to Line. Both tires seem to grip well and have low noise levels. Can't really decide which of them would be the better one. If anything, those BluResponses seem to be little quieter, and wear out a little faster.

I have Uniroyal Rainsport 2 on the 205, and found the noise levels acceptable.

Thank you both.

I was considering Uniroyal RS3, however, they are quite difficult to obtain (most shops offer them but hardly any has them in stock). Therefore no guarantee of a fresh tyre.

If I expect summer tyres to be able to achieve, say, 40.000 km (25.000 miles), then it takes me about five years to wear them out (I'd like them to last for 4 years and then I'd replace them). Unfortunately, the tyres are, after five years since production, in poor condition, no matter if they were immediately used or were stocked at the shop for two years (experienced), the rubber IS aging regardless what resellers say.

See what you can get that was produced fairly recently, and go with that. If you're really at risk of getting two-year-old rubber otherwise, the difference between brands and models will pale in comparison to age down the line.

Well, there's another problem. Tyres at a local service where you can actually check DOT are much more expensive (sometimes twice), internet is a better option (interestingly, most German e-shops are cheaper than Czech ones but not many are delivering and the cost of transport gets to unthinkable levels).

Hankook would be fresh, Goodyear possibly, Continental perhaps.

I know about them (Delticom AG), one of the shops I am comparing prices from, no answer about DOT though.

Thank you anyway. :)

I was also considering swapping my 15" wheels for 14" ones and picking 185/60 R14 tyres (I have winter set in this size) which are much cheaper, as grippy and more comfortable. However, try to explain it to a woman. :)

At half a billion ? throughput annually, I highly doubt they keep years-old stock around. Filling dates on oil has always been fairly recent, and I'll soon approach a dozen oil changes with them.

I had the Goodyears on my Stilo. Excellent tires, quiet yet very good handling.

Anyway, I finally managed to get Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance, made in Germany, DOT was 6th week of 2016. Great!

Thanks to all. :)

Haven't been put on yet as I'm waiting for my car to be repaired after hitting a kerb badly, destroying the wheel, tyre, front wing and some bits of front axle... Driving for 16 years, this was my first crash. Lesson learnt? Never drive when exhausted despite feeling good. :-/

Last edited:
Sorry to respond to an old thread (I just realised its existence). I used 195/50/R15 on my Ignis and I was extremely satisfied with the Fulda Excellero. Amazing wet and dry performance. They are soft and wear out quickly but it is a decent trade-off for when they might save your life. They are also on the cheap side as well.

Fulda is a good 'budget brand' of Goodyear btw.

Personally, I use their winter tyres (Kristall Montero 3), which, together with Nokian WR D3 are among the best. Having both (each set on one of the cars) I can say they are at least comparable, actually in central-European conditions even better than Continentals TS800/850.