Video: New TG Trailer

carrrnuttt

Car(s)
'13 Audi S5, '09 RX-8 R3, '18 Durango GT AWD

Surprisingly for me, I was thinking the same things that Road&Track are stating.

Is it too sinful to dare to think, that the new-new Top Gear might actually be better than The Grand Tour? Am I in danger of being burned as a "heretic" for questioning the holiness of the Clarkson-Hammond-May trinity? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

And Road&Track is saying that solely based on the trailer, the new season of TG will be better than TGT
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...-of-top-gear-look-better-than-the-grand-tour/

Looking forward to the new series of TG.

Making a short advert is one thing, making a series is quite another. I agree it looks promising, but I believe it to be quite premature for R&T or us to be making conclusion. Having said that, anything would likely be an improvement over last year's TG.

Official: Top Gear TV returns 5 March

Matt LeBlanc, Chris Harris and Rory Reid return to your screens next month. Yes, we can officially confirm that the new series of Top Gear launches on Sunday 5 March.What can you expect from the new series? Drifting a 1,036bhp Ferrari FXX K, a race across the Kazakhstan wilderness, and of course, the new, twin-turbo V12-engined Aston Martin DB11.
There?s plenty more, and we?ll have further details for you in due course. For now, people of the UK, ready your big red marker pen and note it down: Sunday 5 March, 8pm on BBC Two and BBC Two HD.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/official-top-gear-tv-returns-5-march

So they....nuked all their big ideas to refresh the show and went back to three guys assing about with cars in fantastic locations with nice cinematography?

Color me intrigued

I'm not gonna watch Fifth Gear with Matt LeBlanc in it.

New Trailer released today, dont think its been posted yet.

[video=youtube;NyAKoKi-8k0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyAKoKi-8k0[/video]

They changed the lineup to what I, and pretty much everyone else, wanted. Perhaps they also changed some more stuff that might pull me away from TGT which mostly seems to be aiming at low IQ muricans, back to TG.

I was at the first episode studio record yesterday and the updated team have good chemistry now. They have broken clean away from last season and made a fair amount of changes to the show and it looks promising.

Last edited:
From the latest trailer, it seems now that Top Gear has figured it out. Also I will say that even though CHM can never be replaced, its true that I didn't enjoy Grand Tour *just* as much as I expected. Too many non-car bits, the American won't shut up, the Celebrity thing is boring and in some of the films they seem like trying too hard. It did get better in the second half of the series but still nowhere near as epic and enjoyable as some of the older Top Gear seasons (circa 2006-2011). Meanwhile, Chris Harris and Matt LeBlanc seem to have started a nice chemistry of American vs British and Rory is also good at doing his own thing. Also, Top Gear seems to be going back to its roots as there looks to be more car focused content (and less comedy) than Grand Tour, as seen in this trailer. I will be watching for sure.

Based on the latest trailer video I have high hopes for this.
I think like some other comments, I enjoyed TGT, but it took a while to get going. The updated TG looks promising. A win-win if we get two decent shows to watch :)

I was at the first episode studio record yesterday and the updated team have good chemistry now. They have broken clean away from last season and made a fair amount of changes to the show and it looks promising.

What did you think of the new guy?