NFL '09 Regular Season Thread

Who dey?? :banana:

Where did this Bengals team come from? They're looking very, very good. To be honest I wasn't expecting good things against the Steelers this weekend but they came through with an amazing defense that put up some great red zone stops.

I don't think I've ever been more pissed off about a loss than today's farce against the Redskins. The Redskins! THE FUCKING REDSKINS!!

*is now in a murderous rage*

C-O-L-T-S!!!

Here's my mood progression for the final 2 minutes of the game:

:dance::(:mad::wall::censored::blowup::cry:

The decision to go for it on 4th and 2 inside their own 30 was probably...no, definitely the dumbest decision I've ever seen a coach make in a football game in my life. You punt the ball, hope you keep it inside the 20 and make Manning earn that touchdown. Instead, it was basically handed to him. Only an act of God would've kept that from happening.

And another thing- what did Belicheck say after the game about the decision? "I thought we could get the yard. I thought we could get the yard. I thought we could..." I got news for you coach- I could've told you that you weren't going to get the yard.

On a happier note- Cards win! At home even!!! :D

I don't think I've ever been more pissed off about a loss than today's farce against the Redskins. The Redskins! THE FUCKING REDSKINS!!

*is now in a murderous rage*

And in contrast...

HOLY SHIT the REDSKINS won a game! AGAINST DENVER! HOLY SHIT!! :w00t::clap::cheers::tease:

And along the same lines, Holy shit Cinnci swept Pittsburgh! All that on top of OSU taking the Big Ten, this was a perfect weekend of sports for me.

And along the same lines, Holy shit Cinnci swept Pittsburgh! All that on top of OSU taking the Big Ten, this was a perfect weekend of sports for me.

It made for a great weekend for me too. I've been waiting a long, long time to see the Bengals start winning. Heck, today on Sportscenter they even went so far as to call Cincinnati a Super Bowl contender. Just a few years ago they were the laughing stock of the league. Now they're no joke. :cool:

I think the Titans can make the Wild Card. They'll need some help from Pittsburgh and San Diego/Denver, but the rest of the season is very winnable for them. Even the Indy game, as divisional games are always close.

I have a question to all you football people. Why does college football and the NFL only play one game a week? I mean....if they played with the same regularity as the NBA or NHL, maybe even half that, think of all the extra revenue that would come in.

I have a question to all you football people. Why does college football and the NFL only play one game a week? I mean....if they played with the same regularity as the NBA or NHL, maybe even half that, think of all the extra revenue that would come in.

Playing football 2 or 3 times a week would probably require a roster of several hundred players per team due to attrition from injuries. The increased number of player salaries would most likely offset any financial gains made from the extra games, and overall dilution of regular season games would lead to declines in TV ratings. There is however much talk of removing two preseason games and going to an 18 game regular season.

Playing football 2 or 3 times a week would probably require a roster of several hundred players per team due to attrition from injuries. The increased number of player salaries would most likely offset any financial gains made from the extra games, and overall dilution of regular season games would lead to declines in TV ratings. There is however much talk of removing two preseason games and going to an 18 game regular season.

Absolutely right.

I do want to say about the 18 game season proposal that if that happens, I think it will hurt the league far more than help it. Too many players will not be able to finish the season due to injury if they expand the season. I don't know what the statistics are, but I'll bet there are more players who end up on injured reserve (meaning they're out for the season, for those who are learning about the NFL) now then there were 5 or 10 years ago. I don't think it would be smart for the league to risk losing a ton of star players due to injury in order to make extra money from 2 additional games that count.

Seriously Cincinnati? You go from beating up on the Steelers to losing to the Raiders. What. The. Crap?? This makes me want to break out the old frowny face brown paper bag from a few seasons ago.

At least they're still in the lead in the division...for the time being.

WIDE LEFT! WIDE LEFT! :dance: Scrape away with a 20-17 win. Texans tried to shut down Johnson, which they did, he didn't have a long td run, but let Young run around on them.

Man I sure love watching Vince Young play, the kid is just a gritty winner.

^ He is awesome, I don't really get why all the fans at the stadium booed him last year. Oh well, I'm just glad Houston overlooked him and he fell right into the Titans' lap.

I got to say, I'm really impressed with Young. He seems to have it all figured out now. Hopefully, my team will slow him down a bit on Sunday.