NFL '10 OffSeason Thread

teletubby-warrior

Da Superfan
Bears went big yet again with Peppers, Taylor, and Manul... Manuna.... Manumaleuna. Martz got what he wants, let's see what he can do with it. We still need a damn safety though. Do or die this year.

Drafts in a few weeks, can't wait to see just how low TeBow drops. :D

Not sure how the Titans stand for the upcoming season. They've given away all the defensive talent, and most of the offense, but only need a couple of acquisitions and can be very competitive.

NFL offseason? How about McNabb getting traded.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha enjoy McNabb, Washington.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I love it.

GTFO McNabb.

I love it.

GTFO McNabb.
Stay classy, Philadelphia.

You traded a veteran QB, who kept you in contention year in, year out... to a division rival... for a 2nd and a conditional 3rd/4th... to make room for: 4 TD's 7 INT's 885 Passing Yards 60.8 CMP%.

"Hahahahahahahahahahaha", indeed. :p

A typical outsider looking in approach. Since when is being "in contention" good enough? He's been here for 11 years and only been able to barely keep us in contention. He is one of the most inaccurate QBs there are, and he cries about everything and blames everyone but himself.

Don't lecture me on how great he is until he is your quarterback for 11 years.

Oh, and sorry Kolb only has limited experience. I forgot that Aaron Rodgers got so much playing time while waiting for Favre to leave..

Last edited:
While I'll say that being "in contention" year in and year out sucks, you could always be Detroit.

A typical outsider looking in approach. Since when is being "in contention" good enough? He's been here for 11 years and only been able to barely keep us in contention. He is one of the most inaccurate QBs there are, and he cries about everything and blames everyone but himself.
No need to get so defensive, I just think he's been under-appreciated in Philly ever since that '99 draft incident. He's obviously not the most accurate passer in league history, but he was one of the most dynamic quarterbacks I've ever seen. 5 NFC Championship appearances in less than a decade is not exactly barely keeping a team in contention either. He leads the team in most statistical categories and fans not only seem to be thrilled to get rid of him, they try to rub it in his face. I don't understand the anger and resentment towards him, he couldn't do it all himself.

Don't lecture me on how great he is until he is your quarterback for 11 years.
If you really want to go there, I'd like to share with you the list of Bears starting QBs from '99-'09:

Shane Matthews
Cade McNown
Jim Miller
Chris Chandler
Henry Burris
Kordell Stewart
Jonathan Quinn
Craig Krenzel
Chad Hutchinson
Rex Grossman
Kyle Orton
Jay Cutler

Nah, you're right. Screw having a borderline HOF QB for 11 years; I prefer that list. Are you kidding me? We finally have a QB who we can build around, but I would have KILLED to have McNabb for 11 years.

I understand that it could have been worse, but thats not the point. Is it better to say you had a HOF quarterback for 11 years or a quarterback that might not get in the HOF and a championship? I guess it depends on whats more important to you, and whats more important to Eagles fans is that we have never won a Super Bowl and thats what we want.

McNabb just never showed any heart. Thats why the fans never warmed up to him. Ask Brian Dawkins, Hugh Douglas, Jeremiah Trotter, or Chad Lewis what unfair fans we are. They wont. Because they gave everything they had and they were appreciated for it. McNabb doesn't do that.

btw I was in D.C. for the Phillies game yesterday and the few Nationals fans that were actually at the game all said the same thing, "Please take McNabb back!" I kid you not. Philadelphia fans aren't the only ones who don't want him. Even the fans that he has played against for the past 11 years see the same things we do.

Last edited:
Steelers traded Santonio Holmes to the Jets for a 5th. He's been suspended for the first 4 games, but that sounds like a steal to me.

The AFC East improves yet again.

The Denver Broncos have traded wide receiver Brandon Marshall to the Miami Dolphins for second-round draft picks in 2010 and 2011, the Broncos announced Wednesday.

Marshall and the Dolphins subsequently agreed on a four-year, $47.5 million contract extension that includes $24 million in guaranteed money, according to a league source. The deal includes close to $29 million in the first three years of the contract and makes Marshall the highest-paid receiver in NFL history. Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald previously had the richest deal of any receiver, averaging $10 million per season.

The trade is contingent upon the league processing the paperwork and Marshall passing his physical.
Wow.

Tons of trades and signings, the typical offseason legal drama, schedules were just released, draft's this weekend... and this thread is dead. You guys better not be watching hockey! :p

I'm just ready for the draft, I'm very excited that my school has two clear cut 1st rounders in Russell Okung and Dez Bryant.

The Bucs got a fairly easy schedule from the looks of it. .500 here we come!

Sam Bradford takes #1 pick by St. Louis Rams.

EDIT: I've set up a FinalGear Fantasy Football League on ESPN for anyone who is interested. I've set it up for 16 teams at the moment and the draft date (for now) is Sunday, June 6 at 9:00 PM ET (6:00 PM Pacific) for the moment. I should be able to make changes if needed.

Last edited:
June? The first game is like in September. Bit early there. Always set up the drafts for like the final week of the Preseason, just in case there are injuries, etc.

Anyway.... Bucs got a good pic. Happy to see them focusing on what made them successful back when they were... Defense.

My back up team, Seattle also got some good pics as well. I'm happy... good draft so far.

All I'm waiting for is to see what moronic team pics up the shit pick that is Tim Tebow, and for all the worthless fanboys here in Florida to jump on that bandwagon. I hope its like Atlanta or some other team that is in a location that UF fans hate.