NFS: Shift 2 Unleashed

Porsche Unleashed was very good.... they need to make a game like that for other manufacturers.

Porsche Unleashed is my favorite. Playing through the different eras are awesome. I would love to see a Ferrari or Mercedes Unleashed.

Porsche unleashed here as well. I dare say it was more realistic than Shift.

Have you even played it? It was more of a race simulator than Shift was, letting you adjust a number of parameters in your car...

Have you even played it? It was more of a race simulator than Shift was, letting you adjust a number of parameters in your car...

I haven?t played it, but it comes down to technology available at the time. I just find it hard to believe an 11-year-old game can be so much better than a current one.
On second tought, I?ll just *ahem* "acquire it" and see for myself.

You should acquire it, it's the last good game before the series went the Underground/F&F direction. Sure the graphics is shit by today's standard, but the game is still fun.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ysNYVLLaHg[/youtube]

That seem more arcade than NFSU.

Dude, what the hell. If you hit a wall at 120 kph in NFS: PU it's pretty much race over. How is that more arcade than NFSU where you could plow through traffic like if your car was made out of Superman and still win?

It's bullshit criticizing a game without even playing it, or knowing anything about it... LOL... wow.

-Robert

I have played it, tbh, but not recently. And saying that damage handling is everything to a simulation is just as stupid as this argument. I was refering to the car handling.

I have played it, tbh, but not recently. And saying that damage handling is everything to a simulation is just as stupid as this argument. I was refering to the car handling.

Yes, I remember Underground for it's outstanding depiction of car physics... [/sarcasm]

Honestly, go play it again, and you tell me if those early 911s are not well modelled in the sense that they're the trickiest most tail happy things ever, which gave the very same cars in the real world the nickname widowmakers. Compare it to a 944 or something, or even a modern 911. They're completely different things.
Or even grab a modern 911 and start changing the tyre pressure, ride height etc and tell me it doesn't make a difference in handling.

The handling looks really fake in the trailer, the car did 100-0 in like 1 second. But man, sounds is always one thing that they did well, the car sounds great.

I blame the instant 100-0 on the editing, the scene jumps so you can't see.

Actually I thought the handling looked pretty good. At least, the short snippets of cockpit shots looked good.

The only thing that was really wrong with the way the cars handled in the first game was that you could just use full lock in the corners and it wouldn't push, it would just keep turning to the point of oversteer. If they fix that any complaint I have with the physics would be pure nit-pickery I think.

If the sound quality is even 70% as good as that, I will be in love.

*imagines 3 rotor screams, runs to bathroom*