NHL '10-'11

its part of the game, a good check will eliminate a player from the play but a better check will eliminate Cindy from the entire game! yes, i like when they "take someone out". its what makes hockey, well, hockey

Comments like that make me savor the 8-1 defeat we handed you. Whatever happened to sportsmanship? I root for my team, but I don't hate yours*. As for the concussion, they're being mum about what caused it, though the only possibilities are the Steckel hit from the Winter Classic or the hit that sent a Lightning player to the penalty box for boarding, maybe both. All I know is he's out for about a week, including the Monday game against Boston which may be the first NHL game I've attended in almost 12 years, if my friend did get tickets.

*Unless you're a Philadelphia fan. That cross-state rivalry isn't just about hockey.

Predators just handed the Sharks a 2-1 loss, which ends a 3-games-in-4-nights California road trip at 3-0-0. But, last time they went on a 5-game winning streak, a 5-game losing streak immediately followed.

Hey, Sharks, since when were you guy's power plays served with such a generous helping of WEAK SAUCE

D:

HA! Awsome +rep for that. there is nothing like good old smack talk!

Clean hit. seems the nhl ref's are calling alot more penaltys just because someone got thier bell run or in this case a broken jaw. i never wanna see anyone get hurt but a clean hit that results in an injury is still a clean hit. he should have had his head up. anytime your near the net fighting for the puck or even just playing the damn puck you gonna get hit!

its like poor Steve Downie, that guy even so much as breathes on someone and its 2 for _________. shit, i remember earlier in the season when someone tried to pick a fight with him and Coach had said that he didnt want any fightning unless it was absolutly needed so Downie hit a guy and that dude chased him across the ice and threw off his gloves. downie really wanted to fight but he skated away to the bench (i bet it was the hardest thing he ever did in his life! lol) and STILL got call 2 min for playing hockey. the issue is that the refs call reactions more than penaltys sometimes.

Comments like that make me savor the 8-1 defeat we handed you. Whatever happened to sportsmanship? I root for my team, but I don't hate yours*. As for the concussion, they're being mum about what caused it, though the only possibilities are the Steckel hit from the Winter Classic or the hit that sent a Lightning player to the penalty box for boarding, maybe both. All I know is he's out for about a week, including the Monday game against Boston which may be the first NHL game I've attended in almost 12 years, if my friend did get tickets.

*Unless you're a Philadelphia fan. That cross-state rivalry isn't just about hockey.

its not about me hating the pens, i respect any team with that kinda history and good fans, i just hate your captain. ill be glad to admit he is a great player but im among the many that hate the NHL shoving him in our faces. when he is injured then they have less to report about him and we actually get to hear about other players. im in no way saying that im glad he got jacked but im saying im glad he isnt on the ice (and im kinda proud that we may be the reason for that, lol).

HA! Awsome +rep for that. there is nothing like good old smack talk!

lol, I am actually a Sharks fan, but seeing as those talking smack about them over the last few days have included none other than their own general manager and at least one or two team members themselves, I figured that as a fan, I might as well join in... there is definitely enough disappoint to go around <_<

Last edited:
I will agree that the rule #48 does not apply to the hit on Stuart. But when is it legal to hit a guy in the head with your arm and possibly fist? Just watch the video again and see for your self.

I will agree that the rule #48 does not apply to the hit on Stuart. But when is it legal to hit a guy in the head with your arm and possibly fist? Just watch the video again and see for your self.

i see your point but, when your going in for a hit and the contact will be high then you put your arms up naturaly as protection. i dont think he did that so much on purpose (if you know what im trying to say). i really just think it was a clean hit. just so you know, i am NOT a flames fan in any way, remember that epic 04 Cup Finals? just said that so you know im not taking sides here.

For the first time in quite some time, I haven't heard if Crosby was near ice or not. I find this somewhat eerie and wonder if he is really dead and the NHL doesn't know how to tell us that they no longer know how to market hockey.

For the first time in quite some time, I haven't heard if Crosby was near ice or not. I find this somewhat eerie and wonder if he is really dead and the NHL doesn't know how to tell us that they no longer know how to market hockey.

Its funny, i figured the front page of NHL.com would be daily reports on what crosbitch watched on TV that day or what he is having for dinner ect. its nice to not have him shoved in our face everyday

lol, I am actually a Sharks fan, but seeing as those talking smack about them over the last few days have included none other than their own general manager and at least one or two team members themselves, I figured that as a fan, I might as well join in... there is definitely enough disappoint to go around <_<

Sharks fan you say? Dude, can you send Danny Boyle back when your done with him? Please?<_<

The refs screwed the pooch in the Red wings/ Penguins game. Missed a penalty shot, the refs got in the way of a pass/zone clear at least twice, and then there was a reaf that basicly checked a player, ending a break away chance. All of this was in the Penguins favor. If it went both ways it would fall under stuff happens. Going one way = poor pooch.

Odd thing about that is that fans here that would normally comment on it are distracted by the upcoming Steelers game. I've seen more Flyers jerseys around campus recently than Pens jerseys.

Edit: Since the topic is starting to come up here...All-Star game. Do you like the idea of the new format, or do you think it's fixing something that ain't broke?

Last edited:
Odd thing about that is that fans here that would normally comment on it are distracted by the upcoming Steelers game. I've seen more Flyers jerseys around campus recently than Pens jerseys.

Edit: Since the topic is starting to come up here...All-Star game. Do you like the idea of the new format, or do you think it's fixing something that ain't broke?

I love the new format, i enjoy how the NHL tries to keep the alstar game fresh and this is just proof!

The allstar game would be better in the fall, just before the season.