NHL '10-'11

The allstar game would be better in the fall, just before the season.

I dunno, having it in the fall would seem to me that fringe fans would pass it over. "Ah, the World Series is over, time to figure out who I want in my fantasy football team. Wait, what's that, NHL All-Star game? Sure I'll watch. OK, hockey's over for the year, tell me who wins the Stanley Cup."

You'd also have to go with established players instead of seeing who shines. I can't speak for any other good player who just came into his own this year, but Letang wouldn't have made the All-Star game if it was in the fall. Having it now means there's already a highlight reel for the season for those players going.

But then again, the All-Star game would be more important if there was nothing around it. No one here except people who don't like football (like me) is paying attention to the All-Star game.

You pick them from the previous season. How can you tell who the real all star for a season is in the middle of the season? It could be after the playoffs too, but I think that would be a great way to start the next season.

GRtak, im wondering if your losing your mind at your old age ;)

Look, putting the allstar game in the middle is great. In the NFL they do it at the end of a season because those fat overpaid "football" players can handle an extra game in the middle and if you give them to much time off they will most likely get arrested for something (see Irving). all jokes aside, one thing sells a product and thats freshness. at the start of a season your all amped up about your fav sport being back and its great but once you get to the middle of the season it can start getting stale a little so then we have the allstar break and we get to have fun watching hockey again and that will hold us off till the playoffs. i know that may sound funny but can you honestly say that you yell at the TV as loud as the season progresses as you did on opening night? Im a hardcore Bolts fan i even i dont. its there to keep things fresh. its a long season.

this

Oh my, this will be good. These guys have done only awsome things since they arrived and now its going to get better.

The Tampa Bay Lightning will make a major announcement on Monday. It?s expected that they?ll unveil new uniforms and a new logo.
The Tampa Bay Lightning will make what they?re calling a ?Major Business Announcement? on Monday at 2 p.m. in the St. Pete Times Forum. The expectation is that they will announce big branding changes, including a new logo and new uniforms.
Damien Cristodero of the St. Pete Times says the new uniforms will envoke a ?simple, classic design? and that they?ll be ready for the 2011-12 season.
The primary colors apparently will be blue (close to what is used now with the third jersey) and white. Sounds as if the color black, which has been the team?s prominent color, and the silver trim will be gone. The logo on the home jerseys is expected to be just a prominent lightning bolt without the words Tampa Bay that are used now. The road jerseys are expected to have the lightning bolt and the words Tampa Bay, though no immediate word on how the design will look. It is believed there also will be the classic strings at the front of the collar.
According to our Lightning blog, Raw Charge, the event will take place on the ice at the Forum, not on the concourse or in a press conference room. General manager Steve Yzerman, owner Jeff Vinik and CEO Tod Leiweke will join Martin St. Louis, Vincent Lecavalier, Steven Stamkos, Dave Andreychuk and Phil Esposito for the event.
Yeah, they?re making a big deal out of this.

Edit: Event postponed untill further notice based on events in St Pete

Last edited:
Did anyone catch Gary Bettman's press conference tonight?

No, just tuned in to the SuperSkills competition to see Tim Thomas fall down in the speedskating contest. What did he say?

I only caught a few minutes of it, but he basicly said that concussions are up so far this year despite the new rule, and that it helped.

but the skills comp was great though it seemed alot like the NHL was really trying hard to promote Ovie again. Almost likr the guy leading the league in goals and points wasnt even there. wow, yet another time they treated Stamkos like shit. I will say this however, seemed alot like Marty St Louis was more the Captain for this. Lin seemed to let him run the show. Oh, and that thing PK Suppan did was awsome. he should have won it. the phone vote was very rigged!

Not NHL but..

ok, the rescheduled press conference for the Tampa Bay Lightning will be NOW (12) and it will announce a complete rebranding and business plan. More info as we find out.

Edit: Thats the new logo on the left as my avatar. as soon as Photobucket decides to work again then ill post the pictures

Last edited:
Here we are, new stuff. i would love to hear what you all think about this. the idea is to go back to an "old school" look. With the logo, they wanted to create a more "iconic logo. A study performed by the NHL at the allstar game asking what teams the players wanted to play for the most, Tampa came in 5th. thats not bad. Mr Vinik and Mr Yserman are really trying to turn this into a world class organization like they promiced and this is an atempt to get away from the flashy logo's and down to a more traditional hockey feel. Also, they anounced today that "all current Full season ticket holders will recieve a new sweater of thier choice, home or away, for free. thats a great way to thank them. i like these guys.

Screenshot2011-01-31at31009PM.png

Screenshot2011-01-31at30941PM.png

Screenshot2011-01-31at30957PM.png

Screenshot2011-01-31at31116PM.png

Screenshot2011-01-31at31132PM.png

Screenshot2011-01-31at31237PM.png

Screenshot2011-01-31at31254PM.png

Screenshot2011-01-31at31144PM.png

Screenshot2011-01-31at31202PM.png

Screenshot2011-01-31at31040PM.png

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sk/skidd01/2011/02/01/stlouis.jpg

How come I never noticed how short Martin St. Louis is? He's the same height as me, apparently (5'5"). But about 40 lbs heavier than me, though.

Those bios lie. I have never seen anyone listed less than 5'8" in those bios, not even Theo Fleury.

And Theo is small. I met him in the late 90s and I doubt he is 5'4". Dino Cicerelli was almost that small too.

Way to not be in last place this year Hurricanes

Those bios lie. I have never seen anyone listed less than 5'8" in those bios, not even Theo Fleury.

well, i can tell you first hand that Marty is atleat 5'8". Next time i see him ill try an get a picture of the two of us. kinda weird to ask for that lol

Wow, Johan Franzen scores 5 for Detroit. Sergei Federov was the last to do that. Although I will admit that I think the game should of went inot overtime, the Senators had a goal called back that I think should of counted.

EDIT:

That was the first time in Red Wings history that a player has scored 5 in a road game.

Last edited: