NHL '10-'11

double-facepalm.jpg

:jawdrop:

ESPN is reporting Pacioretty suffered a concussion and a fracture of the fourth cervical vertebra. Fortunately, he can move his extremities.

It should be interesting seeing what kind of action the NHL will take.

How fuck is that plexi thing allowed to be there?

Ouch!

That section of glass has always bothered me. It is rare that people get hurt there but it does happen. And each rink is slighty different in how it is set up, but I think that is there to help seperate the benches.

Honestly, fair hit. Stupid thing is that divider. I've seen so many hits like that that I'm surprised they haven't done anything about that already. If they penalize Chara then there is something wrong with the NHL.

They did penalize him, a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. No suspension though.

Yes league level although game level was stupid as well. The NHL should just do something about those NHL rinks. Fix them, don't turn a blind eye to the real problem.

and do what, encase every blunt edge with airbags? hockey is a dangerous sport with possibly terrible consequences, and impossible to make absolutely safe without ripping the soul out of it.

While that's true, what does that stupid little box in between the benches do? What's it for? Why is it there? It's pointless and should be removed. We're not asking for hockey to become all pillows and mattresses.

The point of the box is to separate the benches. Without that box, there would probably be a lot of other issues.

Oh no, we can't let players of opposing teams have empty space between them while not on the ice. We can't call penalties on players/coaches who aren't on the ice! What if there's a fight?

I had a look, none of the rinks in Sweden have a plexithing between the player-benches.

and do what, encase every blunt edge with airbags? hockey is a dangerous sport with possibly terrible consequences, and impossible to make absolutely safe without ripping the soul out of it.

Rounded off corners. With all the advances in technology, couldn't it be done? Yes I know the refs will have to look very closely to make sure the pucks are out of bounds at that point.

The NHL is now just suspending anybody that makes a hard hit. How about every fight that happens, we call the police and have both players arrested...yes that works.

its so nice to see that Bettman is getting 5 more years, he is doing such a great job

1) he is making sure the refs let the players play
2) his new rules for hits are fairly penalizing dirty players
3) his marketing is wonderful
4) his league lets every player shine on thier own and doesnt push headliners into our face
5) when a team that he relocated starts going broke and a very rich person tries to buy them and move them back, he lets them to make sure the team is where people will go see it
6) he is a tell and handsome man and a great leader
7) he always answers questions from the media with total honesty
8) he replies to fans that greet him on the street
9) his refs are not corrupt at all
10) he realizes that some times a hit to the head may be coincidental
11) he sleeps with women

these are al the things that i WISH he would fucking do, what a dirtbag. yes, he has moved the league into a great position but his run is becomming stale (please soo the Geico ads ect...) and he needs to move over and let someone in. IMO

by the way, if you didnt figure it out by now, that first line was a joke

He has done one thing that the owners loved. He got a salary cap in place so the owners can make a few million more.

I personally think he should be gone. I think he is stupid for keeping Pheonix where they are.

I think he is caterting to the wrong market. I think there should be atleast 1 more NHL team in Canada. The statistics have proven that Canada is the where the market is. the top 4 teams for sellouts are Canadian.

Thats just my opinoin. I think down in the southern states the market isnt as good as up north.