Ownership Verified: Night Riders BMW E34

The Night Rider

Car(s)
AW11, EG4, E34
Okay my first real post other than my intro.

So this is my 1995 520i factory manual which I recently completed an engine swap on, it now has a low mileage M52B28.

IMG_1761_zpshtta8y13.jpg

DSC_0060_zpsv3j3im9e.jpg

I feel kind of silly for the proof of ownership pic since I doubt anyone would lie about owning this (at lest say you have an M5?). Sorry for the overexposure:
IMG_1776_zpszivxlbmc.jpg

Reactions: lip
:thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Yay, more BMWs, and the M52B28 is a lovely engine.

Yeah can never get enough of pre 2000 BMW's (though I still do like some modern ones). Its very nice having the M52 after the 2.0L M50, I still surprise myself with the extra torque.

Awesome to see another E34 in such nice condition!

By the looks of it you are in New Zealand, those things are rare over there!

Hmm..You must be the resident stalker?? Just kidding lol, thanks. To be honest though E34's are not exactly rare in NZ (not common either), its more that there are not so many E34 enthusiasts.

Hmm..You must be the resident stalker?? Just kidding lol, thanks. To be honest though E34's are not exactly rare in NZ (not common either), its more that there are not so many E34 enthusiasts.

heh, I am from NZ and it was pretty clear that it was either AU or NZ based on the size of the plates - the rest just looks like NZ!

I saw one 535 for sale in NZ when I was looking for them here in Germany. (It's sold now, but if you are interested: https://forums.finalgear.com/post-your-car/resistance-was-futile-my-1988-bmw-5er-56383/ )

Lol the second person to comment on my first real post happened to be from NZ.

Nice one, clean and original the best ones to buy. I'm kind of hooked on old bimmers at the moment, I literally almost bought an E28 535i but I think someone else got it before me. Now I can't decide if I want an E28 or something more unique like an old Citroen or something else similar...

Lol the second person to comment on my first real post happened to be from NZ.

Nice one, clean and original the best ones to buy. I'm kind of hooked on old bimmers at the moment, I literally almost bought an E28 535i but I think someone else got it before me. Now I can't decide if I want an E28 or something more unique like an old Citroen or something else similar...

:yes:

I've personally moved from an E34 520 to an E28 528, and I haven't missed E34 at all. The M30 engine is part of the reason, of course, but also overall the E28 is delightfully analog in comparison. It's just a happier, louder car :) And I'm bummed that mine is deteriorating (loose drivetrain and body rust) and I don't have resources to fix it.

Sweeeeet loking E34. Dig the bodykit. Love the engine choice. Very desireable package! :)

Thank you. Of course the body kit looks good it is BMW M-Tech haha, I actually have the M-Tech side skirts too but they need to be painted.

I'm guessing that is your E39 in your sig? Looks cool, when I was looking for this E34 I almost bought a manual E39 528i but it was in terrible condition so decided to drop it. They are nice though, and kind of rare with manual transmissions.

Yep, it is. Just picked it up, see thread for it :D (i.e. click on the pic or find the thread manually). This being an M5, they all were manual.. :D

Woah, the E34 is so, so beautiful. Thank you for reminding me of it!

I took it for a nice drive today.

The sun was setting and the light was unusually golden, so I decided to take this picture:

Nice!

What region are you in in NZ?