Nikon D90 is close.

TopGearDog

Car(s)
Mondeo TDCI
Some new info and pics added to post:

Video recording
12,3 Mpx.
ISO 200-3.200 plus Lo1 (100) and Hi 1 (6.400)
3" 900.000 dots LCD
11 AF points
Live-View, AF contrast, Face detection
Matrix sensor for metering 420 pixels RGB
Powerful speaker (for video in review mode)

AF-S DX 18-105 mm f/3,5-5,6G ED VR
15 elements/11 groups
1 aspherical
1 ED
1 Hybrid Asph.
Minimum focus: 0,45 m
Diaph. blades: 7

Nikon_D90_(5)_final.jpg

Nikon_D90_(3)_final.jpg

Nikon_D90_(2)_final.jpg

Nikon_D90_(1)_final.jpg

Older post below.

Rumours and speculations are flying around everywhere since Thom Hogan posted the specs on his website which he apparently got from reliable sources.

And today an image popped up on http://www.nikonrumors.com

Nikon_D901.jpg

Rumours say the D90 will be...

12MP (same as D300)
4.5 FPS
11 point AF (same as D80)
3" LCD with Liveview (same as D300)
HDMI and GPS output
...and first time in a DSLR, video mode :blink:

What do you guys think?

I know i decided to get one months ago.

Last edited:
Video mode? Heretics.

I like the hardware AF/M switch on the body though and assume that means will AF with non AF-S/AF-I lenses.

^If Nikon removed screwdriver AF support from anything but the base consumer models I would be forced to put the CEO's nuts in a Superclamp.

Video mode sounds like a "tickbox" feature, just a feature so they can say that Camera X has more "features" than Camera Y.

How better will that be than the Canon XSi (which costs under $700)?

Feature-wise, probably not much. I'm not speaking from experience, but I heard that the XSi feels cheaply built.

If it's better to grip for you, then it's the better camera for you. If the 450D is better to grip, it will be the better camera for you.

In fact, there's no big differences between any of the modern dSLRs on the market today, they are all good, so to summarize, ergonomics is key, and what you should focus on.

If you pick a camera from what some people say is best on a board, it's no worse than buying a car without testdriving it, cause so many people think it's great.

In fact, there's no big differences between any of the modern dSLRs on the market today, they are all good, so to summarize, ergonomics is key, and what you should focus on.
Well, I find my D40 very comfortable to hold :)

Well from what i've read on dpreview forums, the 450D (XSi) has some autofocus issues and not just from one or two people, there are new threads on it almost every day. Problem seems to be very inconsistent focus or cronic back or front focus.

So if the D90 has the same focus as D80, you can almost say that it has better autofocus. Image quality wise, there is no issue, 450D is probably very close or maybe in some cases better then Nikon equivelent.

Buildwise i'd say Nikon is better, but i admit thats biased, i just prefer the Nikon ergonomics and the layout and feel of the body, assuming D90 has the same body as D80.

And really, like Nomix says, all recent DSLR's produce amazing pictures so no camera is way better then the other, they are all similiar each with their small pros and cons and buying just comes down to personal preference and price i guess. Feature wise they are a little different, but usually image quality is always stellar assuming the user behind knows what he is doing.

I love Nikon and therefor will buy the D90. :cool:

Well, I find my D40 very comfortable to hold :)
Try the D90. The D80 and D40 are reasonably different to hold, it might be to big a grip for you.

As an ubiased user, shooting Olympus but having used the big two and Sony extensively, including D70, D80 and Canon's xxxD models, the D80 and D70 feels a lot more solid than the xxxDs, that includes the 450D.

Technically, both cameras will be good, and there won't be much in it, but if you're considering a swap, or in fact is out to get a new camera without being bound to any manufacturer, you might as well have a look at the other big three systems out there, they might, just might fit you better, in terms of lens choices and that sort of more specialized issues.

But only you know that.

Bumping as i've added new info and pics in first post.

^ I know, but I read "18-105" and was wondering why that pic was the body with the 18-55.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Sear...90&searchSection=All&go.x=13&go.y=9#prodspecs

Edit: The CC page seems to have been taken down fairly fast, but the below are specs taken from it before it was taken down.

? 12.3-effective megapixel DX-format CMOS imaging sensor
? Continuous shooting as fast as 4.5 frames-per-second
? D-Movie Mode ? Cinematic 24fps HD with sound
? Low noise ISO sensitivity from 200 to 3200
? 3-inch super-density 920,000-dot color LCD monitor
? Built-in image sensor cleaning
? 11-point AF system with Face Priority
? One-button Live View
? Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II with Scene Recognition System
? Comprehensive exposure control
? Auto Active D-lighting
? Shutter precision and durability