Nissan Skyline GTR '09

No, it's mare akin to calling a Dodge SRT-4 a Neon. It's still built on the skyline chassis, just like the SRT-4 is still just a turbo charged heap of crap. Do you run around correcting them? What about those of us who refer to any '55 Chevy Bel-air/150/210 is just a " '55 Chevy", you gotta go "no it's a bel-air" :rolleyes:

And I stand by the "force of habit" excuse mentioned above. You hear people going "OMGZ SKYLINE!" for 10 years and it kind of a hard habit to break. It's a god damn name, so freakin' what it gets the point across, people know what it means.

I'm just saying it makes you look dumb when you write stupid shit.

also, the SRT-4 is still a neon. Why? they didn't make a separate SRT-4 line and keep the neon going in a different direction(which is what happened with the GT-R), the only thing that happened is they changed the name so that people would stop thinking it's a girl's car, and they failed.

The difference? There is still a skyline, but it has nothing to do with the GT-R.

I'm just saying it makes you look dumb when you write stupid shit.

also, the SRT-4 is still a neon. Why? they didn't make a separate SRT-4 line and keep the neon going in a different direction(which is what happened with the GT-R), the only thing that happened is they changed the name so that people would stop thinking it's a girl's car, and they failed.

The difference? There is still a skyline, but it has nothing to do with the GT-R.

Nobody gives a shit except nerds. That's the point.

I really don't see a point in arguing, you haven't even read or seen any reviews or track tests so how can you be so sure a Z06 can beat the Skyline (or vice versa) and we all know that it's a lost cause arguing about something you don't know.

(eh, you know what, you guys can have your muscle cars and supposed Japanese rice rockets and I'll take a V8 Vantage (the new one not the 80s one) or an M3

As for the Skyline, I just want to see one come here instead of seeing it only on Gran Turismo or Forza, and decide for myself.

I'm biased against it because it's the Ricer's supercar -- same way the STI/Evo were video game drool material before they came out in '02/'03, the Skyline's been the ultimate ricer supercar. But I will respect it and wait and see how it does on a road course against Porsches and Z06s.

As for the Mustang GT-500/KR, I hate Mustangs, it weighs 4,000 pounds, and has a solid rear axle. I hate the American magazines for comparing it to the Z06 and Viper (and all at the same time, I might add). The Mustang doesn't belong in that category.

Nobody gives a shit except nerds. That's the point.

This is a fucking auto enthusiast forum. Where do u think these car nerds hang out?

=
(eh, you know what, you guys can have your muscle cars and supposed Japanese rice rockets and I'll take a V8 Vantage (the new one not the 80s one) or an M3

The old vantage is at least 45324567858975462456 times cooler than the new one which looks like a chicks version of the DB9

Last edited:
"Look! A Vette!"

"Dude, that's a C5 Z06."

"Wow, what a nerd! Imma kick yo ass!"

The old vantage is at least 45324567858975462456 times cooler than the new one which looks like a chicks version of the DB9

fuck no its not! and if it is then chicks have at least 45324567858975462457 times better taste in aesthetics

and for the record are you talking about the one james may pulls his dick out for that looks like a mustang?, or the boxy 90s one? because the one james may is after isn't bad, but the boxy one is soooo forgettable it shouldn't have even been called a aston, ever

fuck no its not! and if it is then chicks have at least 45324567858975462457 times better taste in aesthetics

and for the record are you talking about the one james may pulls his dick out for that looks like a mustang?, or the boxy 90s one? because the one james may is after isn't bad, but the boxy one is soooo forgettable it shouldn't have even been called a aston, ever

the 70s 80s one of course, tho the 90s version looks pretty good too

This is where I think you're wrong. Enough people bought were willing to spend the $60k-$90k for R33 and R34's from Motorex.

Who were these people? I've lived in Southern California all of my life and I've never seen a Skyline on the street (only in shows). I've seen plenty of NSXs, however.

Who were these people? I've lived in Southern California all of my life and I've never seen a Skyline on the street (only in shows). I've seen plenty of NSXs, however.

NSX's sold in quite a few more numbers than the Skylines. Plus many of them never made it in, a lot put money down but... well add that to the many reasons motorex was shutdown and it's owner arrested. Also not all the cars that came in stayed in Torrance either.

If you want to see GT-Rs, check out Apex engineerings shop on Taft avenue in Orange (91 to the 55, get off at lincoln, head south, then west on taft). I've seen several R34's there, a friend of mine got his ass handed to him by an R32 the day after the first D1 in the USA just down the road from the place.

Theres a couple other shops around the town as well, but my brain is poorly functioning ATM to remember what they are and where they are.

Also most of the skyline owners keep their car hidden, I've heard from, and personally seen, how people get around them. That friend I mentioned racing the R32 had another friend riding shotgun, I swear he busted nut twice because of it. I've talked with the owner of the Ultimate street car challenge winning R34 (before it was rebuilt for that competition) and he would have people chase him around the grocery store hounding him about the car, and every Civic/Integra with I/H/E would want to race him... he stopped doing that when an integra slammed into the center divider at 120mph.

It's probably the only car that would make young kids walk right passed any Ferrari, to go drool over it.

edit: I've heard only about 100 cars ever were made legal, and I know at least 1 of them is in the St. louis area.

Last edited:
i cant belive how excited some people in the US get over skylines, over here there cheap as anything and on a slow day you might see 10-20 of them on a trip.

on a completly unrelated note, might be trading my gts-t in for a gtr some time soon if all goes well :D

And your on a fucking car board, where you might get reamed for mistaking an engine having a double-pumper carb when it's clearly fuel injected.*

*Bonus points if you can figure out what i'm referencing.
medium_488508089_5647b2d477_o.jpg

What do I win?

Edit: hoooooooly crap. :blink:

Last edited:
Dav, well for sure... you're like what? 10 mins walk from Japan? of course they're everywhere in Australia damnit

;)

Uhhh no. It's the laws that make them common place. If the car Mercedes didn't get all pissy in the 80's about people importing cars people wanted, the US would be flooded with the damn things.

I hear more and more about canada getting quite a lot of GT-R's and early silvia/180sx's due to the 15 year laws.