Nissan Skyline GTR '09

Redoak

I've been a big fan of the SKyline line for a long time. I definately got really excited when the new GTR was announced as "real" and to be released spring 2008, even with a general price tag of 75,000USD.

Now i would like to know what everyone thinks of this beauty... Nissan also seems to think the new GTR will be a good car to take a "swing" at the Porsche CarreraS which is quite exciting since i'm such a huge fan of Porsche.

gtrproto05_01.jpg

What I think???

Simply BRILLIANT!!! In my opinion simply the best sports car ever made. Overestimaed by a lot of people, underestimated by a lot of people. But you know what??? I don't care!!! I really think this car will be brutally fast and great to drive!!!

In my opinion the GT-r it's simply the best!!! And this one's coming to Europe!!! :D

What I think???

Simply BRILLIANT!!! In my opinion simply the best sports car ever made. Overestimaed by a lot of people, underestimated by a lot of people. But you know what??? I don't care!!! I really think this car will be brutally fast and great to drive!!!

In my opinion the GT-r it's simply the best!!! And this one's coming to Europe!!! :D
Yeah, I noticed. ;)

The new GTR looks brilliant, I doubt it's going to be disappointing now that Nissan's got Skyline development down to a science.

$75k is going to ensure its rarity perfectly, though. It's going to be another case of the NSX Syndrome: brilliant to drive and perfectly balanced (I'm assuming), but too expensive to outrun its own badge. Of course, those in the know like us are going to know better, and when this comes out against the 911 GT2/M3/SuperVette/Lexus Thing, my head will explode with joy. :drool:

The only thing that will give this car the sales some say it won't get is the fact that a lot of the "OMG SKYLINEZ ARE THE SHITZ!!!!" are now old enough and make the money to afford it. The hype also helps, and the fact that people were willing to spend $80k to Motorex to have an R34 imported.

I'm so sick of hearing about this damn car. I wish it would just come out. Finally then we can see that it's an over-hyped, over-priced, over-weight Nissan that can't out-pace a Shelby GT-500 or base C6 vette.

As soon as it comes out hopefully someone with a R34 will want to upgrade and I will be there waiting to take it off of his hands.

If not....I am already saving up for the new one.

Cant wait for it to come out, always had a soft spot for Skylines. What are they putting in it anyway? twin turbo V-6 or a N/A V-8?

The only thing that will give this car the sales some say it won't get is the fact that a lot of the "OMG SKYLINEZ ARE THE SHITZ!!!!" are now old enough and make the money to afford it. The hype also helps, and the fact that people were willing to spend $80k to Motorex to have an R34 imported.

I'm so sick of hearing about this damn car. I wish it would just come out. Finally then we can see that it's an over-hyped, over-priced, over-weight Nissan that can't out-pace a Shelby GT-500 or base C6 vette.

Excuse-me??? Of course a Shelby GT-500 will out-pace the GT-R...
as soon as it finds a corner and crashes.

You are talking about overpriced, over-hyped cars when the Shelby GT-500 it's both of these two adjectives and adding over - powered car. GT-R it's an engineering masterpiece, whereas the Shelby GT-500 it's what the mustang should have been from the beginning but it wasn't.

I hate to have to hear people hating and criticising the GT-R because of the people who drive them or the people who "workship" them. The GT-R it a masterpiece the same way the NSX was.

Even thoug both cars are loved by tuners (who I also dislike them) both are motring marvels the same way Ferraris or Porsches are.

Overpriced car??? Porsche 911 Turbo beater for only 75.000$???? That's just great!!!

Z06 will probably be better for the price.

I just love hearing people rant on and on about how great a fucking Skyline is. I'll never forget the time some Skyline fanboy tried to convince me that is MORE of a muscle car than something like a Mustang or GTO. That was a good laugh.

I will probably be the first person on this forum to see it in person, and not at an auto show. Because of our owners good ties with Nissan, the dealer I work for will be allocated for at least three of them.

:D

looks fantastic, and i believe it will be brilliant to drive as well. pity about the price tag. Bloody jap cars will always be jap cars. Cheap to run and easy to maintain. I dont understand the whole NSX, GT-R UK Spec pricing. Seems like they are trying to squeeze in the high end european market with a bonkers price tag so ppl think its quality stuff that they are buying...

nevertheless... great looking car, cant wait to see it in metal

Am I the only one to notice that there is no such thing as a new Skyline GT-R?

It's a Nissan GT-R.

The R34 was available in Europe aswell, not sure about the 33 or 32 tho ...

No you're not. Its just that I've run out of breath explaining to people how the Infiniti G35/G37 is a Skyline, but nobody wants to believe that a Nissan Skyline is just a family sedan with a coupe version, similar to the Camry and Camry Solara (ever wondered why it took Nissan so long to make an Altima coupe? because the Skyline already had filled the bill of 'family sedan/coupe')

Am I the only one to notice that there is no such thing as a new Skyline GT-R?

It's a Nissan GT-R.

The R34 was available in Europe aswell, not sure about the 33 or 32 tho ...

Who the hell cares? Honestly, why waste the energy. Yes we know the Infiniti G35 is the same thing as a Skyline, and the new GT-R is just a GT-R, but throughout history it's been called "Skyline GT-R" and it's force of habit.

There are a lot more pressing matters to argue about, like how over/under/not rated the GT-R is :p

Excuse-me??? Of course a Shelby GT-500 will out-pace the GT-R...
as soon as it finds a corner and crashes.

You are talking about overpriced, over-hyped cars when the Shelby GT-500 it's both of these two adjectives and adding over - powered car. GT-R it's an engineering masterpiece, whereas the Shelby GT-500 it's what the mustang should have been from the beginning but it wasn't.

I hate to have to hear people hating and criticising the GT-R because of the people who drive them or the people who "workship" them. The GT-R it a masterpiece the same way the NSX was.

Even thoug both cars are loved by tuners (who I also dislike them) both are motring marvels the same way Ferraris or Porsches are.

Overpriced car??? Porsche 911 Turbo beater for only 75.000$???? That's just great!!!
God damn now I know what a broken record feels like...

And the GT500 is a Porsche 911 Turbo equal (well on a track) for $50k. And isn't the GT-R trying to fight the Carrera, not the Turbo? Hell I hate the Mustang, but I have to admit, the fact that it can keep up with the 911 Turbo with a 450lb weight deficit is pretty damn impressive considering it will "find a corner and crash."

You hate to hear people "hating and criticising the GT-R" and I hate seeing a new freakin' thread on every car forum every other day gloating about the awesomeness that is the GT-R/Skyline when 1) the car isn't even out yet 2) Not so much as the exact engine has been confirmed by the manufacturer 3) The old one stock for stock is beaten by the MY 1999+ FD RX-7.

I don't mind hearing about there... if there is something to actually report, but when it's nothing more than a Nissan dick sucking thread, I'd rather not see it done. There are at least 2 other threads made this year that have done this.

Last edited:
the only thing i worry is that ..............what if it isn't actually better then the old R34?

to tell the truth i really think old one looks a lot better XD

It's still gonna be one of the best car out there,

due to it's ability to drive like a retard and not crush. XD

Last edited:
Be careful thedguy, don't go crushing their reality now.

IT'S FULLY SIK TURBO WILL PROVIDE LEIK 1000HP ON STOCK INTERNALS

and thus is the problem with the skyline

Didn't Nissan confirm a long time ago that the engine would be 3.7L twin-turbo V6? Power output was said to be 450hp from what I remember.