Ownership Verified: Nitrous Blue 2018 Focus RS

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
Took the car on a 2000+ km trip with the family last week.

From Montreal, first a stop in Quebec City, then a 800 km drive to Percé, and on the way back a 1003 km drive in one day back to Montreal

Passed a few milestones (the first one was a week before, in another trip to Quebec City

Dirty RS before leaving on the last morning:

Car is now super dirty, I need to find some times to wash it properly.

Throughout the trip I managed an average fuel consumption of 8.9l/100 km, with a best average over a tank of 8.1 (including a best displayed average of 7.8 before it crept back up to 8.1).

I love the seats in normal use, but on road trips, I get cramps in the legs after roughly 90 to 120 minutes. We managed to fit the whole family (2 adults, 2 kids) and our luggage for the week. It was tight, but still Ok.

The power on tap was nice to have for some of the overtakes I needed to do on some of these roads, and there was even a few nice parts with curves, climbs and decent where I got to enjoy the handling of the car.

Still in love with it :D

RdKetchup

DONOR
Car(s)
Passed another milestone last week:

And yesterday drove almost 3h north to go spend the day at the cottage my brother in law rented.

Took that potato shot with the shed, not the cottage :p

A 524 km day with an displayed average fuel economy of 9.0 l/100km.

Saw an almost identical Nitrous Blue RS (but pre-2018) in traffic on the way back :)

RdKetchup

DONOR
Car(s)
The deadline for snow tire changeover in my province is December 1st. But the temperatures have been pretty low for for a few weeks, and this morning it was actually 0° C.

So today was operation winter tire day.

My summer Michelin PSC2 are pretty much done after 1 season. I'll have to by a set of PS4S for next summer.

RdKetchup

DONOR
Car(s)
Today's the anniversary of my first year of ownership of the RS.

In that year, it has done just over 15000km, 1 track day, 1 >2000 km road trip (including a 1000 km day), and been a flawless daily driver.

It is so much fun, that for the first time, deciding between taking my motorcycle or my car is a tough decision.

I do not regret that purchase one bit :D

Last edited: