Nordschleife Ringmeet Thread

it?s unlikely that I?ll be there, but not impossible... I really need to go once more this year, 2 more laps to pass the 100 mark :mrgreen:

I would have done it today if my bimmer hadn?t decided to cause problems again... I?m not supersticious or anything, but I swear my cars have somehow formed a pact of some sort to constantly annoy me. They?re doing great teamwork...

it?s unlikely that I?ll be there, but not impossible... I really need to go once more this year, 2 more laps to pass the 100 mark :mrgreen:

I would have done it today if my bimmer hadn?t decided to cause problems again... I?m not supersticious or anything, but I swear my cars have somehow formed a pact of some sort to constantly annoy me. They?re doing great teamwork...

Your E30 was too close to DaBoom.... :p

This is a possible cause... but I?m thinking the bimmer just decided that I need a new challenge now that I?ve got the brakes and tires working.

Oh also (cockwaving alert): My laptimer app recorded my first time under 9 minutes on saturday. :mrgreen:

Your E30 was too close to DaBoom.... :p

What? I've been close to that Schwarze dose e30 on both meets and as far as I know all he has to do is provide me with parts.. :p

Well Tobi?s E30 had a cracked cylinder head after the 2010 meet which led to all sorts of other problems with the engine. And it?s barely been driven since the last meet, so who knows what will happen. I think there is a pattern here.

Last edited:
So, when and where do we meet up? I can be at Ring or Ahrweiler around 12 I guess...

as well Ford, any car being so close to mine, MXM's and DaBoom's is just doomed to fail at some point........it's an aura of breakdowns :D

This gets better every minute :D
Looks like once again Minimeet will be as awesome as real meet. :D

So... 12 Bunker, wait 30 mins probably, 90 mins tour, 14h out of bunker, slowly drive to Ring, arrive at Ring ~15h, Arrival of Oldtimers ~16h - brilliant. Where do we fit laps in though ;)

I sent the Bunker guys a mail asking if we need to register for an English tour (otherwise we just translate for the Dutchies) and if there are any big groups already booked for Saturday, told them we want to be there between 11:30 and 12...let's see.

I might be coming as well, also gonna ask some of my friends if they want to tag along too.

So... 12 Bunker, wait 30 mins probably, 90 mins tour, 14h out of bunker, slowly drive to Ring, arrive at Ring ~15h, Arrival of Oldtimers ~16h - brilliant. Where do we fit laps in though ;)
Ring is open from 8am to 7pm...

You can't make it before noon, D-Fence? I have the feeling that squeeching the laps in between drooling over vintage cars and closing of the Nordschleife in the evening could be a tight fit.
I wouldn't have a problem being at the Ring at 10. Or at the bunker.

@ shad: Nice! If you want a ride because you don't want to do a lap anyway, I have seats available.

I am not sure, I need to check with my friend as she needs to get to my place first (~1,5h drive).

I talked to the bunker guys, they said it is wine harvest and wait times are to be expected. Also, fuck the Dutchies, they can buy an English brochure with pictures in it, no special English tour :D

vielen Dank f?r Ihre Nachricht.
Wir bieten fremdsprachige F?hrungen f?r unsere Gruppenbesucher an. Die Einzelbesucher werden von uns in Gruppen zusammengefasst und diese F?hrungen finden ausschlie?lich in deutscher Sprache statt.

Englischsprachige Einzel-Besucher k?nnen in der deutschsprachigen Gruppenf?hrung mitgehen und haben die M?glichkeit ein kleines bebildertes Begleitheft auf Englisch zu erwerben, das ihnen die Informationen gibt, die der G?stef?hrer mitteilt.

Da im Ahrtal im September und Oktober Weinlese und Weinfeste stattfinden, befinden wir uns in der absoluten Hochsaison. L?ngere Wartezeiten sind nicht auszuschlie?en. Eine zeitliche Pr?ferenz k?nnen wir nicht geben.

I thought more about Littlenaphel 1-2 :)

I found out the photographer who took the pics of my car the last two times (and doesn't do ripoff prices) is around on Saturday too, got his phonenumber and will ring him before I go, told him about a silver C-Class, black Focus and blue 1 too ;)

So when do we want to be at Bunker? 11 doesn't sound bad, I need to check with my friend though.

Adu just had a pre-Ringmeet breakdown. The mighty Benz is down, I repeat, we have a stranded taxi!

In the name of Ice, DaBoom, MXM and me:

Karma.jpg

2510812881_0d48761f21.jpg