Nordschleife Ringmeet Thread

D-Fence says he and his friend can be at the bunker museum at 11 to 11:30. So I think we should make that the official meeting time and place now. I'll be there at 11 am.

@ Adu: I don't know how your internet connection is right now, so if you read this, please confirm.

@ shad: If you want a ride, I'll start at around 9:15...

For those of you who wondered why the track didn't open again yesterday: Some IDIOT ran over a guy waving a yellow flag, emergency helicopter evac etc.. Some people, seriously.......

What a moron. Best wishes to the marshall, I hope he recovers.

That said, you know it was your poor navigation that lost us the time I needed for a lap, right? :p YOU OWE ME!!! :D

What the flying fuck... seems like yesterday was a particularily moron heavy day on the ring.

What a moron. Best wishes to the marshall, I hope he recovers.

That said, you know it was your poor navigation that lost us the time I needed for a lap, right? :p YOU OWE ME!!! :D

You had enough time, you just let Adu troll you. You should have known better.

yep, according to Tobi: 6h closure yesterday. He tried again today, has done a total of 0 laps due to another closure, and is now heading home...

Phyrefile is down anyway. I'm not inclined to put the pictures up to one of the myriads of sucky public image hosters.

I managed to get to the Ring a couple of Sundays back as part of a small European tour. I did three laps in the Saab. The first was 10:30, the second ~11:00 and the third was 10:01. It would have been nice to break the 10 minute barrier but I don't think it is a bad time considering I was two up and the car was filled with luggage. Also I had another 3,000+ miles to do after so didn't want to damage the car. The biggest problem I had was the brakes. They were getting cooked only a few corners into a lap. My brother followed me on the first lap and said there was smoke billowing out of the front wheels after a few corners.
It would be nice to find a picture of my car but I can't see it on any of the sites. Which sites host pictures taken by the photographers?

I am sorry to offend you now, but you are exactly what is wrong with the Ring right now. British people desperately trying to beat laptimes with ill-suited cars. Seriously, a car full of stuff with smoke coming from brakes and still timing your laptimes? Be happy you didn't ruin your car completely or spill fluid all over the track!