Nordschleife Ringmeet Thread

Are they going nuts? I thought we got the green fags down hier in BW!?

It?s not the green fags this time. Just that the cops around the ring always have a little phase around spring where they feel the need to wave their dicks around a little bit.

I?m *planning* to hit the ring this coming weekend. With the bimmer of course. We?ll see what happens...

I had originally considered the weekend after, when you are there as well... But the e30 bunch is *planning* to go on this one. However, the little *s are there for a reason, there is no guarantee...

Right now, cops are harassing people around the ring

Rule #1: DO NOT SPEED AROUND THE RING
Rule #2: If your car is just borderline illegal, leave it at home if you are German
Rule #3: If your car is highly illegal, leave it at home as foreigner

They keep taking legally tuned cars off the road, hell they even wanted to impound a GT2 because "that wing can't be stock" :rage:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...1-kommt-der-modifizierte-bmw-1er-1324446.html

:lol:

Erlkoenig-BMW-1er-Polizeikontrolle-c890x594-ffffff-C-2ceef641-493513.jpg

They even have a massive tow truck ready...

So I did end up going to the ring on saturday afternoon. Rough overview of my weekend:
- No sign of cops anywhere.
- Also no sign of Kip, but that?s probably because I spent most of my non-driving time in Breidscheid at Opa Strack?s...
- Finally got the Harry?s laptimer app to function at least some of the times.
- It rained really hard for like 15 minutes, and about half an hour later the track was completely dry and completely empty. Awesome.
- ABS decided to stop working on the crest at T13, interesting experience.
- Went home with entirely ruined rear brakes AGAIN. Any suggestions for improvement are welcome!
- Did 3 laps on saturday, and 17.5 on sunday, see previous point for explanation why I didn?t do more...

But despite the technical difficulties it was a great weekend.

I missed the posts where you would go, or i would have kept a look out for you. (I forgot what your BMW looks like).

-One guy in my group did 8 laps Sunday, wasn't busy at all :D Specially at the end of the day.
-Parking across the ringwerk is 4 euros now :( Saw a spot closer to the road which wasn't paid parking after we went back to the cars.
Langstreckenbar has shit expensive schnitzels, the rest of the buildings there make the area look like a ghost town. Hamburgers were ok.

Yeah I wasn?t sure about your car either, I looked around for a saab with dutch plates, but I really didn?t spend that much time at the main entrance anyway....

At the end of the day it really was empty, after like 5ish the parking lot was totally deserted. Unfortunately by then my rear brakes were completely finished, and I went home early... :mad:

How many laps did you end up doing?

Last edited:
Yeah I wasn?t sure about your car either, I looked around for a saab with dutch plates, but I really didn?t spend that much time at the main entrance anyway....

At the end of the day it really was empty, after like 5ish the parking lot was totally deserted. Unfortunately by then my rear brakes were completely finished, and I went home early... :mad:

How many laps did you end up doing?

I didn't take my car, only did one lap as a passenger. Wish i did bring a car looking back :(

Well I was specifically looking for the car.
Somehow it just didn?t even remotely cross my mind that someone would go to the ring and not bring a car. Come to think of it, I might have some sort of addiction problem...

So, I passed the break-even point for the year-ticket on the ringmeet weekend, but I?m still out to do more. The weekend of 16-18th september looks promising, but the rest of the E30 gang seems to be busy. Just wanted to see if maybe anyone from here is up for it, as going to the ring all by myself is always a bit boring whenever I?m not driving.

I consider having a go on the first weekend in October if the weather looks right. Adu said something about being in the Eifel then, too.

I consider having a go on the first weekend in October if the weather looks right. Adu said something about being in the Eifel then, too.

Yeah, I'll be at the Center Parcs resort there from sep 30 until oct 7.