Nurburgring Webcam

Nice finds ;-)

HOLY :jawdrop::jawdrop: LOOK AT ALL THE SCUDERIAS!

*SCUDERIA SAUSAGE-FEST!*

http://img525.imageshack.**/img525/6607/omghuskypk9.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/07/must-not-fap.jpg

Yellow racing stripes ftw
aalciaabg.jpg

Not sure about the yellow racing stripes, but F40 FTW!

Smart car vs. 612. Umm... yeah.
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/10/07/8.jpg

:lmao:

The best part of the Smart is that the guy's wearing a high visibilty jacket. He's safe, he listened to Clarkson's advice.

Looks like its closed today. :(

yeah the last couple of days were industrial pool days... tomorrow and saturday are vln days, and on sunday I?ll be driving past the cam over and over again :mrgreen:

What? If I see that correctly there is a Jaguar D-Type in the picture and you point out to the 360's? :blink:

1.) edit: A D-type you say? Well, I'm glad you like it.

2.) There are two 360s! Two I tells ye! :cry:

What's with the urls?

I don't know, they were on the pictures when I got them.

Last edited:
1.) I hate the D-Type. I happen to think it's one the most overrated, if not the most overrated car of all time - I just don't see the pretty in it.
I think you mix up with the E-Type, which was the successor of the D-Type and hyped by many as the most beautiful car ever. ;)

The D-Type is the car which won Le Mans in 1955, 56 and 57 and there were built just 87 of them, so they are extremely rare, as opposed to about 70.000 E-Types.

2.) There are two 360s! Two I tells ye! :cry:
Yeah, one looks exactly like the other so the second is redundant... :p

I think you mix up with the E-Type, which was the successor of the D-Type and hyped by many as the most beautiful car ever. ;)

The D-Type is the car which won Le Mans in 1955, 56 and 57 and there were built just 87 of them, so they are extremely rare, as opposed to about 70.000 E-Types.

Well, the E-Type IS the most beautiful car ever. Enzo Ferrari himself claimed it as such, so it must be true. :D

The D-Type was so successful in what we'd now call LMS or ALMS series racing that they literally changed the rules in 1958 to ban the glorious 3.8L XK-series engine in it. The XK engine doesn't really come alive until about 3.4L, so the car became uncompetitive after they imposed a 3L max displacement limit.

And yeah, the D-type wasn't designed to be pretty. It was designed to kick Porsche, Ferrari, Auto Union, and Mercedes ass by using aerodynamic principles - which it did until it got crippled by the rules. The Jaguar curves were a bit of an afterthought. It is the descendant E-Type that was designed to be both pretty and aerodynamic at the same time.

The fame of the D-Type was that it was designed and built by underfunded almost unknown men in a shed - and it went on to kick the ass of the richest, most supported, heavily backed automakers in the world. For three years in a row. Nobody has ever seen anything like it before or since.

Funny little facts - that D-Type right there, unless it's one of the Lynx replicas, is worth about TWO MILLION DOLLARS. Makes those Ferraris look like cheap trash, IMHO. :D

Another little fact - If the D-Type driver knows what he's doing, those 360s are in for a huge surprise. The D-Type made between 250 and 300hp, much of it down low, and they only weighed about 1900 lbs. The 360 weighs another 1100lbs again and doesn't have enough horsepower to make up the difference. D-Type: 0.157 hp/lb, 360: 0.133hp/lb. The D-Type looks like someone's fitted modern rubber to it, so it's going to be "interesting". Looks like a couple of stallions from Italy may be about to get gelded by a 50 year old cat. The 360s are going to have to be close before they enter the final straight, because that's the only place they're going to catch the D-Type if the D-Type driver is going all out.

Which, IMHO, puts the difference in performance between a REAL race car, even an old one, and street cars into stark perspective.

One minor thing - that may not be a D-Type, but an XK-SS. The XK-SS is basically a D-Type fitted with bumpers (optional) and other roadgoing equipment to make it street legal. It's hard to tell since the later D-Types were more or less custom and some of *them* had some of the XK-SS gear fitted. It looks to have the side windows of an XK-SS, but it does not seem to have the side exhausts of an XK-SS (some SS models didn't have them). It could also be a replica D-Type or XK-SS, which would also explain the mix of equipment.

Last edited:

Indeed I did - as you call tell, I'm not really a Jaguar anorak.

*Rabble Rabble*

Thanks for the history lesson, professor. :rolleyes:

God, you'd think I insulted your mother or something...

oh yeah.... well... the Jag's being driven by Sir Stig.

Well, the E-Type IS the most beautiful car ever. Enzo Ferrari himself claimed it as such, so it must be true. :D

The D-Type was so successful in what we'd now call LMS or ALMS series racing that they literally changed the rules in 1958 to ban the glorious 3.8L XK-series engine in it. The XK engine doesn't really come alive until about 3.4L, so the car became uncompetitive after they imposed a 3L max displacement limit.

And yeah, the D-type wasn't designed to be pretty. It was designed to kick Porsche, Ferrari, Auto Union, and Mercedes ass by using aerodynamic principles - which it did until it got crippled by the rules. The Jaguar curves were a bit of an afterthought. It is the descendant E-Type that was designed to be both pretty and aerodynamic at the same time.

The fame of the D-Type was that it was designed and built by underfunded almost unknown men in a shed - and it went on to kick the ass of the richest, most supported, heavily backed automakers in the world. For three years in a row. Nobody has ever seen anything like it before or since.

Funny little facts - that D-Type right there, unless it's one of the Lynx replicas, is worth about TWO MILLION DOLLARS. Makes those Ferraris look like cheap trash, IMHO. :D

Another little fact - If the D-Type driver knows what he's doing, those 360s are in for a huge surprise. The D-Type made between 250 and 300hp, much of it down low, and they only weighed about 1900 lbs. The 360 weighs another 1100lbs again and doesn't have enough horsepower to make up the difference. D-Type: 0.157 hp/lb, 360: 0.133hp/lb. The D-Type looks like someone's fitted modern rubber to it, so it's going to be "interesting". Looks like a couple of stallions from Italy may be about to get gelded by a 50 year old cat. The 360s are going to have to be close before they enter the final straight, because that's the only place they're going to catch the D-Type if the D-Type driver is going all out.

Which, IMHO, puts the difference in performance between a REAL race car, even an old one, and street cars into stark perspective.

One minor thing - that may not be a D-Type, but an XK-SS. The XK-SS is basically a D-Type fitted with bumpers (optional) and other roadgoing equipment to make it street legal. It's hard to tell since the later D-Types were more or less custom and some of *them* had some of the XK-SS gear fitted. It looks to have the side windows of an XK-SS, but it does not seem to have the side exhausts of an XK-SS (some SS models didn't have them). It could also be a replica D-Type or XK-SS, which would also explain the mix of equipment.

you anorak :mrgreen:

What I can tell you is that I?ve seen this car at the ring several times already (assuming it?s the same one, it?s hard to tell from a webcam picture and without being a jag-anorak). It was there during the tourist sessions, which implies that it has to be road legal somewhere, although I don?t remember what country it was registered in. It also has semi-slick tires, and unlike many of the other nice cars that just show up at the parking lot for show and shine, this one actually goes round, so I?m thinking it?s probably not a 2 million dollar original...

edit: I found this, it doesn?t look like it has semislicks, but feel free to go nuts
IMGP9774.JPG

Last edited: