Obituaries Notable people that have passed

I never could forgive him for putting his word above the laws of the land.

As a matter of fact, I never liked Kohl. But nevertheless, he and the grey, motionless monotony of mid-90s German politics is what shaped me as a political being. Schr?der might be my favorite chancellor, but Kohl is the politician that shaped my upbringing. I can still name more people from Kohl's last government than from the current roster.

Can you imagine we had a mail minister? His name was Schwarz-Schilling!

Last edited:
But, he's a white guy. :p

My death pool this year was a straight Babylon 5 ticket, after Jerry Doyle died last year. The curse is fucking real.

Link not working.

Damn, that's a shame. I just watched John Wick at my brother's house this past weekend.

i thought that was invented by JC's grandfather or uncle or sth?

EDIT:
The first Paddington Bear stuffed toy to be manufactured was created in 1972 by Gabrielle Designs, a small business run by Shirley and Eddie Clarkson, with the prototype made as a Christmas present for their children Joanna and Jeremy Clarkson (who later became a well-known British TV presenter and writer). Shirley Clarkson dressed the stuffed bear in Wellington boots to help it stand upright. (Paddington received Wellingtons for Christmas in Paddington Marches On, 1964.) The earliest bears wore small children's boots manufactured by Dunlop Rubber until production could not meet demand. Gabrielle Designs then produced their own boots with paw prints moulded into the soles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddington_Bear

Last edited:
Holy shit...they just put out a new album. Suicide by hanging. Jesus...poor guy and poor family.

Apparently he was very close with Chris Cornell.