Oblivion (Tom "Xenu" Cruise)

Yes. I can't wait! Seems to be somewhat similar to Pandorum, which I loved. (of course not the same - this will take place on earth after all)

Is Bethesda going to sue this movie too?

Other than that.. looks decent!

Looks pretty awesome. It'll look great in IMAX too (and no 3D bullshit, hopefully). :D

Kind of reminds me of The Matrix...in a good way.

After watching Tom's session "In The Actor's Studio", my respect for him has increased greatly. This is probably going to be great

Saw the trailer for it at work. Was just one great big fat can of meh. Cannot be arsed with it and even with my free access to films I'll still probably give it a miss.

Anyone seen it yet? Went to see it yesterday. At one point I was feeling rather uncomfortable in my chair, which isn't a good sign, but I'd say I enjoyed it.

Saw it earlier this week. Found it enjoyable but not brilliant. I thought it was very predictable.
the stuff about Tom working for aliens, scavs were the good guys, olga was his missus and that he was a clone could be seen coming light years away
Not the worst film I've seen so far this year ( OZ: Great and Powerful wins that title at the moment) and certainly not a bad way to kill a few hours. Just wish the story hadn't been so glaringly predictable.

I liked it. As Jedd said, a bit predictable. But, I really enjoyed it. I want to live in a house like that.

I didn't like the happy ending. Olga's character falling in love with a clone, he dies, and she falls in love with another one because he is the same.

...then how can it be love? She has nothing to worry about - there's thousands of Tom Cruises produced.

Just saw it today in IMAX...wow. The visuals and audio were simply stunning (soundtrack by M83 :D). The plot and acting were pretty good (nothing special), but as a movie-going experience, it must be one of the best I've ever had. :)

I didn't like the happy ending. Olga's character falling in love with a clone, he dies, and she falls in love with another one because he is the same.

...then how can it be love? She has nothing to worry about - there's thousands of Tom Cruises produced.

Well she's only known the "first" Cruise for a few days so I don't think she has much of an issue starting over again since she wasn't with the first one for very long and the new one is basically the same. Also, it's not likely that the new one is gonna die anytime soon because the first one chose to die because he was saving Earth from the TET and he knew that he'll be "reincarnated" as a clone and living happily ever after with her; there's no real danger to the new one.

Well she's only known the "first" Cruise for a few days so I don't think she has much of an issue starting over again since she wasn't with the first one for very long and the new one is basically the same. Also, it's not likely that the new one is gonna die anytime soon because the first one chose to die because he was saving Earth from the TET and he knew that he'll be "reincarnated" as a clone and living happily ever after with her; there's no real danger to the new one.

Yes, but she was apparently married to the original, real Cruise...even the first one was a clone. She shouldn't have fallen in love with either of the clones.

But... It's a clone. It's exactly the same, like in The 6th Day

When she first saw him after she was awakened she thought he was the real deal, but when she found out he was a clone, she didn't mind since he was exactly the same person.

that ending was mostly the reason I didn't really like the film. It was like some studio executive went up to the writer and said "this ending is a bit of a downer, audiences don't like downers, lets have a clone come along and it leaves the door open in case we want to make some more money with a sequel

When she first saw him after she was awakened she thought he was the real deal, but when she found out he was a clone, she didn't mind since he was exactly the same person.

She did tell him to stay away from her when she saw there is at least two of him.

jedd_kenobi, couldn't agree with you more.