Oct 07 - FE Club REVERSE GTI/GT [10:70]

Mischief007

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
4,710
Location
London, Ontario, Canada
Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
don vito said:
Awww i missed it....although i sucks anyway.
Well, we have racers that are all over the place. I'm sure you could have found a battle. I was going after mgkdk today :p.
 

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
15,629
Location
Hull, England
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Mischief007 said:
don vito said:
Awww i missed it....although i sucks anyway.
Well, we have racers that are all over the place. I'm sure you could have found a battle. I was going after mgkdk today :p.
I just clicked on one with the lowest ping.

That 1st track in 1:30 :( , then some asshole drove backwards and wrecked me.
 

Mischief007

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
4,710
Location
London, Ontario, Canada
Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
That's why you should play with us. We don't have wreckers. You should join a race where some legit people are racing. Lfsforum.net is a good start ;).
 

andyhui01

Forum Addict
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
8,532
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Car(s)
00' Subaru Forester GT
overall standings


Detailed Stats:


Sorry I couldn't make it today guys, was really tired and overslept, and somehow my phone ran out of battery so the alarm never came :lol:
 

Soundsession

Active Member
Joined
May 28, 2005
Messages
159
Location
South Germany
Car(s)
'03 BMW e39 530i
I really had fun there. It was my first big race and I was excited before the start, but everything went fine. I didn't crash anybody 8) . Sadly I had to retire after about 40 laps in the feature because I started getting really bad cramps in my hands from the damn Gamepad...

One more thing: I didn't really know what to do when I found myself in pole position at the beginning of the feature race. Should I let the faster racers behind me pass? But if I would do that, what's the point of starting in pole then? So I decided to just drive my line let the others have to deal with me :twisted: . I hope I didn't upset you too much...

Anyways, great fun. I hope to be there at the next race.
 

MXM

I paid for this title
DONOR
Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
5,627
Location
Finland
Soundsession said:
One more thing: I didn't really know what to do when I found myself in pole position at the beginning of the feature race. Should I let the faster racers behind me pass? But if I would do that, what's the point of starting in pole then? So I decided to just drive my line let the others have to deal with me :twisted: . I hope I didn't upset you too much...
You did right. It's a race after all. In qual letting someone faster pass is probably a good idea, and of course when you're being lapped in a race. Driving your line is the best you can do. Deliberately trying to block people who are clearly faster (say, 2s/lap) is not so nice anymore :) But it's a long race, so everyone understands that pushing like mad at the beginning is unnecessary, and there will be time to pass slower cars.
 

andyhui01

Forum Addict
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
8,532
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Car(s)
00' Subaru Forester GT
Soundsession said:
I really had fun there. It was my first big race and I was excited before the start, but everything went fine. I didn't crash anybody 8) . Sadly I had to retire after about 40 laps in the feature because I started getting really bad cramps in my hands from the damn Gamepad...

One more thing: I didn't really know what to do when I found myself in pole position at the beginning of the feature race. Should I let the faster racers behind me pass? But if I would do that, what's the point of starting in pole then? So I decided to just drive my line let the others have to deal with me :twisted: . I hope I didn't upset you too much...

Anyways, great fun. I hope to be there at the next race.
yup... if you're on pole in the lap, you do not have to let anyone pass, just drive on the racing line as if you're racing normally with a guy at your level and let the guy behind you worry about overtaking... obviously if he's outbraking you and you swing into him on purpose, thats not good... just use senses and try to keep yourself and your fellow racers on the tarmac in one piece :D, afterall, no one likes to get taken out.
 

FireFox

Not the Browser
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
1,306
Car(s)
Ford Fiesta (2008), sold Toyota Carina II.
Epsn: how was it racing with 1 passenger? :p
 
Joined
Dec 9, 2003
Messages
4,905
Location
Decorah, IA
Car(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (USDM)
FireFox said:
Epsn: how was it racing with 1 passenger? :p
Not too bad actually, I probably was 0.5 a lap slower, but I think the extra weight helped stability in the chicane.
I had a nice fight with Mischief in the sprint race, but the feature race was a bit boring since I was quite a ways behind the leaders for the most part.

I bet I'll have a lot more trouble with the next race though, since I probably would struggle to keep up even without a passenger.
 
Top