- Feb 23, 2006
It's funny how Nick Heidfeld, who's been outperformed by Kubica during the past couple of season, might end up getting a Mclaren seat alongside Hamilton, while Kubica will probably be struggling in Renault.Hm... Kubica shouldn't have a hard time out pacing Glock then.
I think McLaren may have learned from their mistake with Kovalainen. They want another Prost vs Senna and they know it.It's funny how Nick Heidfeld, who's been outperformed by Kubica during the past couple of season, might end up getting a Mclaren seat alongside Hamilton, while Kubica will probably be struggling in Renault.
French court, the FIA is located in France, non-French team raising doubts on the process. Result? French decision.Court rejects N.Technology's claims
By Edd Straw Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 19:35 GMT
N.Technology's legal action against the FIA over the way that the process for the selection of the new teams for the 2010 Formula 1 World Championship has been unsuccessful after French courts rejected all of its claims.
The N.Technology's case was heard in Paris on October 13 ,but the verdict was not released until this afternoon.
N.Technology was one of a number of teams that hoped to come into F1 next year, although it was unsuccessful in its application as Campos Meta, US F1 and Manor Grand Prix were granted the slots.
The legal action was launched through MSC, the parent company of N.Technology, which claimed that there had been irregularities in the way the grid slots were awarded.
N.Technology has made no comment on the verdict.
"We are doing this in the name of sport," MSC board member Angelo Codignoni told AUTOSPORT in June. "From our point of view, the procedure for dealing with new entrants was not respected and there was not transparency about the process and preparations for the 2010 championship."
Lotus was also awarded a slot after the BMW Sauber team failed to complete a sale in time to sign the Concorde Agreement, but by that time N.Technology had withdrawn its entry from a possible reserve list slot alongside several other teams because of its concerns about the process.
Get out the tin foil hats!
Can we expect the Trulli-train to bugger off to NASCAR for good??Waltrip serious about Trulli test
By Diego Mejia Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 20:31 GMT
Michael Waltrip Racing officials say the team is serious about the upcoming NASCAR test for former Toyota F1 driver Jarno Trulli.
Trulli will be driving a Sprint Cup series Toyota Camry on 16 and 17 November at the half-mile New Smyrna Speedway in Florida, a test that he has stressed he will be doing just for fun.
Mika Salo, also a former Toyota driver in the team's debut season in Formula 1, will be joining him.
Team owner Michael Waltrip is taking the opportunity to run Trulli in one of his cars seriously, even while reminding that the Italian's intentions are initially just to sample stock cars and ovals for the first time.
He says, however, that as any other driver, Trulli may want to be able to perform well on his maiden NASCAR outing.
"He just wants to try it out," Waltrip told AUTOSPORT. "But we're serious about the test, Toyota is supporting it, our team, engineers, everybody is into the test. We will give it all the effort that we would give to any test.
"I don't know what Jarno's plans are. I know he is just doing it for fun, but I know that it's going to be important for him to do it.
"He's a race car driver, he'll want to be as fast as anyone and so we're going to make sure that he has all the support that he needs to be able to accomplish that."
Steve Hallam, former McLaren head of operations, and current vice-president and director of competition for Michael Waltrip Racing, says that testing drivers from other series is part of the team's strategic planning for the future.
Although he believes Trulli still has options to remain in Formula 1, he leaves the door open for him or Salo maybe following into Juan Pablo Montoya's footsteps, if the right opportunity comes along.
"There's a great desire of ours to see how someone from another discipline just warms to what we do," Hallam told AUTOSPORT.
"If you look at Juan Pablo (Montoya), he is doing exceptionally well. He is a very, very talented driver, full stop. Whatever he drives, he would be good at and this year he is really showing that a driver from a single-seater background, particularly as open minded as Juan Pablo is, is really delivering in this series.
"Who knows? Strategically, MWR has always got to look at the future. If you stand still in this business, be it technical development or your business development, you'd be overrun.
"So we've always got an eye on the future. We'd love to expand to a fourth car when time and sponsorship and the right opportunity permits. Looking at drivers from other series is just as interesting and just as strategic as that."
Trulli, who already had a seat fitting at MWR's shop in North Carolina last week, is expected to attend Sunday's race at Phoenix, before driving a Cup car for the first time next week.
Who cares. If Kimi goes nanners with his pay demands they will have to get a German driver for Mercedes. Mclaren already had their Senna - Prost moment with Hamilton and Alonso, sure they don't want a repeat of that fiasco. I'd love to see Rosberg there, but he's Brawn's new Mercedes boy, which is good.So why hasn't he won a race yet?