Official 2011 Formula 1 Pre-Season Thread

Not a chance I'm afraid...nothing interesting for the general TV public...

There are usually a few minutes worth of TV stuff each day but never in English.

Come on Virgin Racing and HRT, show us some improvement. Be the Force India of 2009 if you can.

And for the midfield teams of next year, it will be exciting if the performances seen this year carry over. Go go Kobayashi, pride of Asia! Credits to Peter Sauber for signing him also. ^^

About Williams... rumour in brazilian sites is that Rubens stays, for sure, and they'll test Maldonado. If he can drive minimally well, he gets the seat and Williams the large sum he brings with him. If not, he's sent to Hispania in his first year in F1 and Williams gets only part of the money. Anyway, I think it'd be really stupid to fire Rubens, although that's a shame for Nico... Rubens is experienced, knows how to setup a car, isn't that expensive anymore and is still competitive. More importantly, he is in a point in his career where he knows his best chances are in leading the development of a team, like he's doing now, and that contesting for WDC is a thing of the past...

Another thing, though. During F1 transmission today, the French commentators said about a very likely Lotus Cars-Renault team up for next season. Any word on that?

Last edited:
Ferrari win constructors and Alonso wins the WC. /thread

Ferrari win constructors and Alonso wins the WC. /thread

Someone's butthurt about the end of this season.

dealwithitvet.jpg

Back on topic:

I anticipate some of the more established teams going back to the 2009 designs and improving on them, rather than using the 2010 cars as a starting point. This years vehicles were very highly adapted to the blown and double diffusers, F-Ducts etc, Whereas the start of 09 cars were not.

Last edited:
I anticipate some of the more established teams going back to the 2009 designs and improving on them, rather than using the 2010 cars as a starting point. This years vehicles were very highly adapted to the blown and double diffusers, F-Ducts etc, Whereas the start of 09 cars were not.

Permission to say cock.

Nico Hulkenberg will not race for Williams in Formula 1 next season.

The 23-year-old German, who clinched his maiden pole position in Brazil a week ago - the team's first in five years, announced this morning that he will leave the team.

"I heavily regret that," Hulkenberg said in a statement. "I would have been happy to stay with Williams.

"I want to thank the team for a great time and I wish Williams all the best for the future."

Hulkenberg's manager, Willi Weber, says he is in discussions with other F1 teams and is sure that Hulkenberg will have a drive next season.

"I am negotiating with other teams," Weber said. "Nico will have his seat in F1 in 2011."

But Hulkenberg's options appear to be limited - with Vitaly Petrov set to renew his deal with Renault, Force India and Lotus could be his only possible destinations. The other option is to spend a year as a reserve driver with another team before stepping up to a race seat in 2012.

AUTOSPORT understands Williams was looking to sign Hulkenberg to a multi-year deal that would have placed him with the HRT team for the 2011 season, which the German declined.

autosport.com

WTF <_<

sigh, well lets hope he can stay in F1 and gets a good seat.

Permission to say cock.

I think McLaren are smart enough to know that the MP4-24 wasn't exactly their finest moment. It had pretty damn good mechanical grip but that was it.

Their KERS system will be awesome, I can guarantee you. ;)

EDIT: Jawohl, Mr. Spelling Nazi :p

Last edited:
guaranty is spelt with one r, not two.

@ahpadt / MadCow809: Guarantee?

If the KERS cars are based on 2009, Ferrari will be shit. It was fast because Kimi is Kimi, and Badoer is Badoer. :lol:

Guys, I was just daydreaming. Some random chat... ofc there will be brand new designs, nothing to do with 2009.

In addition to reigning GP2 champion Pastor Maldonado, HRT have announced they will run fellow GP2 stars Josef Kral and Davide Valsecchi in this week?s young driver test in Abu Dhabi. Maldonado will be in the car on Tuesday, with Kral and Valsecchi getting their chance to impress on Wednesday.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/11/11546.html

And for Virgin Racing drivers will be Luiz Razia, Jarome D?Ambrosio and Rio Haryanto.

Last edited:
I think that STR might be dropping Buemi in the off season ( just my feeling no source ) so that could be an option for Hulkenberg.

I think that STR might be dropping Buemi in the off season ( just my feeling no source ) so that could be an option for Hulkenberg.
That would be a serious step back. I think he doesn't deserve a step BACK...