Official: Audi RS5

Those rims look good on any modern audi :cool:

But what comes to the color choice, I can't make up my mind. Every color looks great on the RS5, it's just so bloody handsome car.

Flat black is the ONLY color it should come with, in addition to those rims ofc.
Lack of a real transmission is a shame, but I might be ab;e to get over it for this car.
Maybe we'll get a 6spd later? Though it will likely be noticeably slower w/o the S-tronic.
needs moar torque
actually its probably enough
but its nice otherwise
This engine is as much electronic as it is mechanical give the tuners a couple of months and you'll be able to make 20-30HP more with a simple reflash....

Last edited:
Lack of a real transmission is a shame, but I might be ab;e to get over it for this car.

If it was head-and-shoulders above its competition, I'd agree, but there's not much negative I can say about its principle opponent, which DOES have a proper three-pedal transmission:

BMW-M3_2010_photo_01.jpg

If the RS5 had a six-speed manual, it'd be my favorite by a slight margin, but given the DSG-only setup, the M3 wins for me by a wide margin.

Damn, they released some VERY nice wallpapers for the RS5 on http://www.carwalls.com/ (check the first two pages). :drool:

Especially these ones:

Audi_RS5_915_1920x1200.jpg

Audi_RS5_914_1920x1200.jpg

Audi_RS5_901_1920x1200.jpg

Audi_RS5_902_1920x1200.jpg

Audi_RS5_903_1920x1200.jpg

Audi_RS5_904_1920x1200.jpg

Audi_RS5_905_1920x1200.jpg

:D

Last edited:
If you have Windows 7, you can make a wallpaper slideshow. :D

You can select all the wallpapers you want and set them to "Shuffle." You can set them to change from every 10 seconds to every day. :D

http://img692.imageshack.**/img692/7771/wallkj.jpg

If you have Windows 7, you can make a wallpaper slideshow. :D

You can select all the wallpapers you want and set them to "Shuffle." You can set them to change from every 10 seconds to every day. :D

http://img692.imageshack.**/img692/7771/wallkj.jpg

I've still got good old XP, but I've been thinking of getting 7 and this just gives me another reason :D

Any word on the AWD torque/power split? Please let it have the R8 setup so it could drift :).

No matter what gearbox it has, this is one hell of a car. Given the fact that it's meant as a daily car, the DSG is probably a better option. Just as quick as a manual and more relaxing, shift paddles are there if you want to pretend to be a racing driver.

It's a better option for many people but not all. If I had to deal with Los Angeles gridlock every day, I'd want DSG too. But I have three stoplights and no significant traffic on my morning commute to work. For someone in my town, DSG isn't a real convenience benefit objectively; it's just for people who don't enjoy shifting their own gears.

I have a manual transmission in my daily driver and I've never once regretted it (except for the one time I threw my back out and it hurt to use my left leg, but that doesn't count).

This is why having a choice between dual-clutch and traditional manual is so nice.

It's a better option for many people but not all. If I had to deal with Los Angeles gridlock every day, I'd want DSG too. But I have three stoplights and no significant traffic on my morning commute to work. For someone in my town, DSG isn't a real convenience benefit objectively; it's just for people who don't enjoy shifting their own gears.

I have a manual transmission in my daily driver and I've never once regretted it (except for the one time I threw my back out and it hurt to use my left leg, but that doesn't count).

This is why having a choice between dual-clutch and traditional manual is so nice.

My reason for the DSG argument, auto-boxes used to be awful full-stop. Limited gears to four, reluctant to kick down, and slurry changes. They ruined the car, worsening fuel economy and were noticeably slower accelerating.

With DSG, it becomes more a driver preference, not just for lazy idiots. :p Having a manual option is still good, but the performance of the car is no longer defined by it.

My reason for the DSG argument, auto-boxes used to be awful full-stop. Limited gears to four, reluctant to kick down, and slurry changes. They ruined the car, worsening fuel economy and were noticeably slower accelerating.

With DSG, it becomes more a driver preference, not just for lazy idiots. :p Having a manual option is still good, but the performance of the car is no longer defined by it.

In that case, I couldn't agree more.

The only two reasons to get a manual over a DSG are driver preference and lower long-term maintenance costs (I've heard some horror stories about the cost of DSG maintenance). But if long-term maintenance costs are a big issue for someone, they wouldn't be looking at the M3/RS5/etc to begin with. So we'll leave it at driver preference.

Any word on the AWD torque/power split? Please let it have the R8 setup so it could drift :).

I thought it was semi-user defined.

here. It is quite variable
As usual with higher performance Audi models, Quattro all-wheel-drive is the order of the day for power distribution. However, unlike other recent applications that have used a Torsen center differential, the RS5 features the first use of a new crown gear differential with electronically controlled clutch pack. The torque split can be varied from the nominal 40:60 front-to-rear to as much as 70 percent front or 85 percent rear. An optional active torque vectoring rear differential is also available to further improve the RS5's handling. The only available gearbox in the RS5 is a new seven-speed S-Tronic dual clutch transmission (DCT). Hopefully now that Audi has a high-output DCT, we'll also see it replace the dreadful R-Tronic unit in the R8 soon.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/22/officially-official-audi-rs5-hitting-geneva-with-450-hp-4-2l-v/

No. And I can already tell you that it won't powerslide (like RWD cars).

Well duh, it's a Quattro, of course it wont powerslide like, let's say, a E92 M3 which is rwd. Even retarded people know that. But that doesn't mean that you can't get the tail out. You CAN powerslide a 4wd car, especially when it has over 400Hp with most of the power going to the rear wheels. It's harder, but you can do it if you know the trick.

Last edited: