Official World Cup 2006 Thread?

that world war crap is not funny...the first few people were arrested here in frankfurt yesterday, after these stupid ass rivalries lead to the first fights.

How lucky can Argentina get. Cote D'Iovoire is playing much, much, better.

Let's go Elephants!

Spain has a really easy group, so they'll probably make it to the next phase. But I think that'll be about it. The first serious team they meet will be the one that sends them home. After that, I'll just support Brazil. When it comes to football, they are THE team. But that will be starting next week. This weekend's the British GP. GO ALONSO! :p

ryosuke said:
that world war crap is not funny...the first few people were arrested here in frankfurt yesterday, after these stupid ass rivalries lead to the first fights.

You have to bear in mind that your average english football hooligan has an IQ of a single digit.

What worries me most is they were playing Paraguay today. Can't imagine how bad it'd be if they were actually to play Germany.

[Also : C'mon Trinidad and Tobago, beat England!]

Not impossible - they already gave Sweden a hard ime. Pity though that the Ivory Coast didn't make it against Argentina (go underdogs, go!)

barg...for the england game i dragged the TV on the balcony and chilled with a cold ?ppler...but the game was rather boring compared to the other two. t&t and ivory made for good and exciting games.

looks like an interesting WM...germany, england and argentinia did not dominate their games and the underdogs were vene better than expected. :thumbsup:

ryosuke said:
Sorry I was actually taking the piss out of how stupid some of the chants are.

peter3hg2 said:
ryosuke said:
Sorry I was actually taking the piss out of how stupid some of the chants are.
allright then... 8)

peter3hg2 said:
CanadianLoonie said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
I hope England goes far and plays Germany and/or France. I want to hear some of these hilarious chants:

If it wasn't for...

If it wasn't for the English you'd be Krauts
If it wasn't for the English
Wasn't for the English
(To be sung in France)

Two World Wars

Two World Wars and one World Cup
Doo dar, doo dar
Two World Wars and one World Cup
Doo dar, doo dar day
(To be sung whenever Germans are near)

There were ten German bombers in the air,
There were ten German bombers, Ten German bombers,

And the RAF from England shot one down,
And the RAF from England shot one down,
And the RAF from England, The RAF from England,
And the RAF from England shot one down.....
One world cup and two world wars...
five one... five one... five one.
And obviously you have to do the Dambusters.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Argentina(oh ah)
I wanna knowwwwwwwwwwww/>
How to lose a war (clap clap clap lap)

oh the famous David Beckham went to go
and see the Queen,
oh the famous
David Beckham went to go and see the
Queen,
oh the famous David
Beckham went to go and see the Queen,/> and this is what he said,
/> who the f**k are Argentina,/> who the f**k are Argentina,/> who the f**k are Argentina,/> oh no matter we won the Falklands
war!

Build a bonfire, build a bonfire /> Put France on the top
put
Spain in the middle
and burn the
f***in lot

1-0 down,
5-1 up,
two
world wars, and one world cup,/> with a knick-nack paddy-wack,/> give a dog a bone,
all you
germans f**k off home

GO TO THE PUB
DRINK 10 PINTS/> GET COMPLETELY PLASTERED
GO
BACK HOME AND BEAT THE WIFE
DIRTY
SCOTTISH B*ST*RD

Hes fat, hes scouse
Hes gonna rob
your house
........Wayne Rooney

lol

how about some positive moods? :D

ooooh wie ist das sch?n,
oooh wie ist das sch?n,
sowas hat man lange nicht geseh'n,
so sch?n, so sch?n!

Cote D'Ivoire is going to destroy Serbia and Holland if they play the same. They just need to know how to finish off. Who would have thought that CIV would be controlling a game against Argentina.

Next up for the Africans, Ghana vs. Italy. I love Italian football, but I'm going to be rooting for the Black Stars.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Hes fat, hes scouse
Hes gonna rob
your house
........Wayne Rooney

That's the only one I found remotely funny.

I'm not going to be surprised if there's fisticuffs between Poms and German's if they play each other.

haz said:
One of my workmates has put down $100 on Iran winning against Mexico. If they do, he'll quit his job cuz the odds are insane and he'll be rich as hell ...

He printed out a Iranian flag and taped it to the office wall over his pc .... :lol:

hazz
Haz you may never know, Iran has great potential
The great thing about football is that nothing is impossible and it's unpredictable

As you may have guessed by now, yes I'm Iranian-American

Ivory Coast played a good game. Even though I like Argentina, I really wouldn't have minded much if Ivory Coast won.

I have an antenna that i'm going to take to work, hopefully I can get some rececption on a tv there so I can watch Iran vs. Mexico.

ryosuke said:
how about some positive moods? :D

ooooh wie ist das sch?n,
oooh wie ist das sch?n,
sowas hat man lange nicht geseh'n,
so sch?n, so sch?n!

Hope we'll be able to chant that a couple more times :)

I just had to see if there was a thread here for the world cup.

The Netherlands and Sweden are my favorites this time. Since there's fear about Finland being in the games anytime soon, I can cheer for anyone.

We had a blast yesterday watching Sweden against Trinidad&Tobago. Glad I have a huge swedish flag to wave! I'm considering putting it on our balcony for the next few weeks. See if the neighbours like it. :)

And oh yes, holland is playing right now , so --->

tomppa said:
I'm considering putting it on our balcony for the next few weeks. See if the neighbours like it. :)

I will hunt you down and BURN the flag :evil: Even if I have to drive through all of Helsinki to find you I will!

:p :lol: