Official World Cup 2006 Thread?

He constantly gets booed whenever he comes near the ball. The people seem not to approve of him. :lol:

swek said:
He constantly gets booed whenever he comes near the ball. The people seem not to approve of him. :lol:
There still doing it after 70 mins. Loads of English supporters have probably got in like they always seem to do.

I wouldn't want Barthez to be my keeper. The guy has problems with every second ball.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Ha Ronaldo got booed. :lol:
he really don't deserve it, rooney deserved a card even before ronaldo interfered.. a yellow just for grabbing the two players and the step on the nutz def a red because it was on purpose.

anyways... :( what a boring final it will be :/ atleast the teams are.

swek said:
I wouldn't want Barthez to be my keeper. The guy has problems with every second ball.

LoL...he's a little shaky. France had some problems near the end....but I'm happy with the result. Good game. Portugal did a lot of diving and acting...sheesh.

After what France showed today it looks grim for them. Italy has all the advantages and if France can't step their game up they will have a nice walk over them.

I'd still want France to win and if it's just because the Italians can't have one title more than us.

what a disappointment. neither of the teams deserved to win. portugal acted too much and wasted too many golden opportunities (figo's header 1 meter from the goal), but france also played badly on the offence, and if it wasn't for their defence and that stupid penalty portugal would've won.
go italy!! don't let those french win!!

osabros said:
what a disappointment. neither of the teams deserved to win.

I wouldn't go that far. You can't expect 100% every minute of every game.

Just saw the France-Portugal game, the amount of diving in the game was amazing by Portugal. The most funny one was the "syncronised dive" from Postiga and C.Ronaldo in the 12 yard box. They are very lucky not to get carded for the amount of dives they did with the refs so anti-diving.

If Deco played better, they would have won. But France was def the better side, and dealt with the man-marking on the Zidane

Overheat said:
nice avatar -=SLR=-

I thought the ref was exceptional personally.

This nicked from another forum:

ronaldodive.gif
:lol:

To France,

I hope you beat Italy.

Sincerely,
Me.

At least portugal didn't get a penalty kick for their dives like france did. Henry seems to dive as much as Figo if not more.

At least they didn't seem to be proud of the penalty kick. The plyers didn't celebrate as much as the italians did