Official World Cup 2006 Thread?

I read a few articles. According to Zidane's agent, he is sad about what happened and didn't want it to end that way. He said Materrazi had made a "very serious comment"...but didn't want to say what, he'll discuss it later. Some other papers have said (According to lip readers) that Materrazi called Zidane's sister a prositute...and others have said there was something going on about Materrazi making a comment about being a "terrorist" and not having the right to play for France (referring to Zidane's Algerian heritage).

Even if any of this is true, it doesn't excuse what he did. But just sheds a little light on it.

four more years of italian arrogance in my city, they were already arrogant enough, good thing am traveling for 2 months in a couple of hours :p and cry over brazil where nobody can see me :''(

check these guys out hehe
125e067ac32841a86fc20e71015e584b.gif

e4b3e85c19b55b41b856a2644f63590f.gif

http://img99.imageshack.**/img99/7261/8691b2eb002f26a2c99a034d741ce6.gif

oh and Zidane took the golden ball award.. sorry if anything i posted was a repost.. just didn't have time to scroll through the thread :p

Materarazi is knows for his violence, he deserved it in my opinion, too bad zidane didn't finish it with a spit on his face after he fell.. heres some of Materrazi clips in other games, that guy should be banned from playing period.

Your Canadian.... it's obvius you know a lot about football, or...should i say soccer? .....

VERY JUICY GOSSIP!!!!!!!!

After an exhaustive study of the match video, and with the help of an Italian translator, Rees claimed that Materazzi called Zidane ?the son of a terrorist whore? before adding ?so just f*** off? for good measure, supporting the natural assumption that the Frenchman must have been grievously insulted. (from the Times)

Sk8 said:
Materarazi is knows for his violence, he deserved it in my opinion, too bad zidane didn't finish it with a spit on his face after he fell.. heres some of Materrazi clips in other games, that guy should be banned from playing period.

Your Canadian.... it's obvius you know a lot about football, or...should i say soccer? .....

I am not Canadian I live there, and I call it football , you obiously don't watch much football cuz if you do watch the italian leage you'd know that player and his actions, troll away please.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
VERY JUICY GOSSIP!!!!!!!!

After an exhaustive study of the match video, and with the help of an Italian translator, Rees claimed that Materazzi called Zidane ?the son of a terrorist whore? before adding ?so just f*** off? for good measure, supporting the natural assumption that the Frenchman must have been grievously insulted. (from the Times)

and of course Materazzi has said he never called him a "terrorist"...because he's "ignorant, and doesn't even know what that means"

i see the italian league quiet often, and materazzi many times make things really ridiculous... i saw it a few metters from me in FC Porto - Inter in this year Champions league in fcporto stadium... but that isn't a reason for what zidane did, he tould him something, that everyone is shure about... but thats is not an excuse...

Is the same "kind of thing" that happend when rooney saw the red card, is ricardo carvalho's guilty because maybe he tould him somethingt? or even more ridiculous cristiano ronaldo's for talking to the reffere? buffon talked to the linesman too.... all agressions like that are meanless.. materazzi, was smart... and zidane, was "inocent", and that's whats really strange to me... a player with his age and experience acting like that...
and in my opinion, they lost because of that, maybe in the penalties the would lost too, but the team desmoralised a lot for shure...

Now I'm angry at Materazzi, he called Zidane, "the son of a terrorist whore" and something else about his mother. What set Zidane off was the his mother is actually very ill.

It's not clear what was said....maybe in a couple of days we will know more.

I don't think that MAterazzi said anything about Zidane's mum, he lost his mother when he was 15 and is still very attached to her! When he was celebrating his goal he was looking at the sky dedicating the goal to her (U don't need a professional lip reader to see that he repeats "Mamma Mamma!" a few times...)