Official WRC thread

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Sometimes I do. The only time I've sat down for races have been 24 hr nuburgring, le mans, and daytona. I thought rallys were shorter and was hoping for something that took up less time.

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
you have time to sit in front of the screen you whole weekend?
that's my biggest problem with WRC...you can't just reserve 1 to 2 hours to watch the race, you have to give up your whole weekend for it

don't you guys have a life?
Although I could watch it live with WRC+ I tend to go back and watch each stage in the evening as they're available on demand, skipping through the waffle and the drivers I'm not interested in. Depending on the running order I can see all of the important runners get through the stage in 10-15 minutes and move on to the next one. It's much better than just relying on highlights but doesn't necessarily take much longer.

Thanatos

I just watch the 30 minute recap in the evening or next morning.
This was everything available in the 90's/early 2000's, and its still good enough for me now.

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
It's all kicking off in Norway and Sweden, multiple cars stuck in snow banks and escaping light pods were the order of the day. Not as much snow as last year but still mode than that freak year of 2016.

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
Congratulations to Ott and Martin for their superb victory, snaffling maximum points for the rally. Shame Ogier's weekend was ruined so early but he still fought well in the power stage.