Oh boy, the new Aveo is revealed!

2Billion

Car(s)
'10 Toyota Matrix XR
car_photo_392989_25.jpg

car_photo_392986_25.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/256873/chevrolets_new_aveo_revealed.html
A more excited than they probably should be Auto Express said:
Meet the third of Chevrolet?s Paris Motor Show stars. The full production version of the new Aveo will join the Orlando MPV, Cruze Hatcback and new Captiva on the firm?s stand.

Bearing a strong resemblance to the Aveo RS concept car which was shown at the Detroit and Geneva Motor Shows earlier this year, the newcomer boasts a far more modern, aggressive look than the car it replaces.

Swept back headlights, the signature Chevrolet double grille and creased metalwork all add much needed style, while the rear door handles are hidden in the C-pillar to create the illusion that the car is a sporty three-door rather than practical five-door model.

The new Aveo is longer and wider than the car it replaces, liberating more space in the cabin. On the inside, the firm has attempted to make the car seem sporty, with details like the motorbike-inspired instruments, and added class with some blue backlit dials. A stereo with AUX input and Bluetooth are equipment highlights.

Chevrolet claims that the Aveo features one of the stiffest bodyshells in the small car segment, which should ensure accurate handling and decent refinement.

Under the bonnet, there will be a choice of 85bhp 1.2-litre and 99bhp 1.4-litre petrol engines and 74bhp and 94bhp versions of the same 1.3-litre diesel, which features stop start. The diesel is a first for the Aveo range, as is Chevrolet?s six-speed auto gearbox which is an option on the 1.4-litre petrol car.

The new Aveo range is due to arrive in the UK in autumn 2011.
Somehow it fails to meet my already very low expectations.

I was at work today walking through the parking lot when I saw a first gen Aveo with The Club attached to the steering wheel. :blink: I don't think there was a single car within miles that was worth less than that car. And it was the only one with a club.

A friend of mine has an Aveo sedan and he's never had a problem in the 3 year's he's had it. Strangely, I didn't expect that!

My Pathfinder called. It wants its rear door handles back.

The front lights look a little too Pontiac/Holden-ish and I'd never buy this in a billion years but... it looks decent enough.

I would be totally fine with this flooding the roadways. It's not for me but, it's nowhere near as miserable as the old Aveo.

I have two problems with it:

1: Proportions. The lights are too big for the car. The "hidden" door handles just make the front doors look really short. It looks like they had a decent design and then just screwed it up bringing it to production.

2: Black plastic everywhere. It looks cheap. It looks like the wrong parts were installed and someone hastily tried to fix it.

I kinda like it... looks at least as good as the fiesta

Are those Headlamps stolen from a E30 BMW? oO

Its kind of an amalgam of every single subcompact currently available. It's not terrible like the last models though.

Its kind of an amalgam of every single subcompact currently available. It's not doesn't look terrible like the last models though.

FTFY. They need to fix more than the looks on this car (I agree that this looks decent).

I quite like the styling, it looks kinda mean. That being said though, I think they went in the wrong direction with the styling because people who buy sub-compacts don't want mean looking cars. People who buy sub-comps around here are usually young(ish) women. They want their cars to look happy, like the beetle, and the smart and the entire mazda lineup.

Mean facia belongs on a mean car.

Offtopic: I just took a look at the Mazda lineup and had a good laugh, all of the cars/SUV's are like, "OH hai!" then the B-series is like "Fuck you all"

Last edited:
Remember, not so long ago, this was what an Aveo looked like:

chevrolet_aveo_2006.jpg

So, this new model is, in fact, an awesome upgrade over the older models.

A friend of mine had a Grand Prix with similar door handles as those in the new Aveo's rear. Both snapped off during his ownership of the car.

well it's definitely an improvement over the current one.

Remember, not so long ago, this was what an Aveo looked like:

chevrolet_aveo_2006.jpg

So, this new model is, in fact, an awesome upgrade over the older models.

Not Giugiaro's finest hour, but it's a masterpiece in comparison to THIS
09_Chevy_Aveo5_21_(544x408).jpg