OH COCK

Sorry to burst your bubble, but bicycles have to obey speed limits over here. :p

Say no more.

fastest I've been is 115 on my old corolla, I would've gone faster but that was its top speed :)

Right now I drive my dad's Camry, don't dare to try something funny with his car.

I got a ticket for speeding one 80 in 55.

You too?

Fastest I've ever been, 115 in a 1999 Ford Taurus SHO

Speeding ticket, 80 in a 55. In a 1999 Ford Taurus SHO. On the same trip.

Doing 60mph in a 25 zone sounds pretty dumb...

The fastest I've been on public roads was 220+. The statute of limitations ran out a long time ago on that one, though, so I don't mind mentioning it. ZX-11D, twin turbo, I-10/I-20 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona - places with long sightlines and long, long, long straights.

Dallas to LA, 15 hours and change, including frequent fuel and food stops.

I do NOT recommend that anyone do this. It's stupid and illegal.

Last edited:
"She's breaking up."

star-treks-scotty.jpg

"Captain, she cannae take anymore!"

Forget speed limiters, just have that sound clip play over and over again soon as the car hits 40.

Doing 60mph in a 25 zone sounds pretty dumb...

Just because your Grand Am can't get up to 60mph doesn't mean you have to rain on everyone else's parade. :p

On a more serious note...

The fastest I've been on public roads was 220+. The statute of limitations ran out a long time ago on that one, though, so I don't mind mentioning it. ZX-11D, twin turbo, I-10/I-20 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona - places with long sightlines and long, long, long straights.

Dallas to LA, 15 hours and change, including frequent fuel and food stops.

I do NOT recommend that anyone do this. It's stupid and illegal.

I'll second that. Hell, I wouldn't recommend anyone doing what I did, and I was only above 70mph (traffic was doing 70) for only a few moments. I was younger and a lot more of an idiot then.

I just got a speeding ticket. Nice cop wrote it down as a seatbelt violation instead which only costs 25$ instead of the actual speeding ticket that would have been 150$ (42mph in a 25 zone D:) + $500 in insurance for 7 years.
My fun is officially over :cry:
At least I didn't get pulled over when I was doing 60 a few minutes before that >:

17 over isn't too bad, but 60 in a 25 is just stupid. I've done some stupid stuff before, 130 in a 65 (four lane empty highway), little sliding in the rain, parking lot donuts, stupid shit. Grew out of that when I hit 18. But I'd never do 35 over in a 25. 25 mph roads are usually 25 because they are either, residential, they have lots of lights or stops, or they're just crowded. And with a convertible bug, you can't stop in time for a sudden red light or unsuspecting pedestrian (And I love to blame the pedestrian, but if your doing 35 over it's your fault.) But, maybe I'm wrong and the particular road just has a stupid limit.

I've been lucky so far.
Got two tickets by now, one over 20? for being 20kph to fast and one over 10? for being 7kph too fast.
As for the second, I don't think they would've even prosecuted me if it wasn't for the hands-free driving at that moment, grr.

"She's breaking up."
Wouldn't that be "shes leaving home"? (leaving too fast, obviously :p )

Some days I wish I had boobs to get me out of tickets. I don't even want to think about how much I've spent on keeping my license. At least my current car is too slow to get me speeding tickets.

I don't get you guys. I call myself a petrolhead, but I never got a ticket because I simply don't go as fast. A very appealing approach, you should try.

I don't get you guys. I call myself a petrolhead, but I never got a ticket because I simply don't go as fast. A very appealing approach, you should try.
Never got a speeding ticket because you don't speed or never got a ticket because you don't get caught? I'm not going to say you're not a proper motorhead for the former, but damn, obeying speed limits just leads to me being bored out of my mind on the road.

Well, I do go fast, quite consistent. But I usually stay in the "+20kph" limit (for everything above that you will earn points :p )

Truth be told, you must look like an absolute cock driving 25-35 mph faster than everyone else in a convertible VW Beetle. Anyone ever tell you a VW Beelte is not a sports car. Compared to a sports car it's: heavy, has inferior brakes, inferior handling, and by how you talk most likely a pretty piss poor driver. We're you rockin' out to some Jonas Brothers with some big ass sunglasses and one hand on the top of the wheel.

Yep, when i think about it the people that pass me at that rate of speed on public roads are usually degenerate, ricers. Your like the people who drink wine so they look sophisticated. Driving fast doesn't make you look cool to car people (Mustang people exempt.) If I were driving down the road and saw a slushbox, VW Beetle convertible with a girl driving pass me at 35 over the speed limit I would be laughing. Now if I saw her pass me and then get pulled over, I would be probably die of laughter, that would be some super hilarious stuff. :rofl:

I never go the actual speed limit (who does anyway), but I always put a limit to how much I break it. Said limit is too low for the Police to bother. That means:

max. 10 km/h over the limit in town
max. 20 km/h over the limit out of town

Given that a speedo always is a bit optimistic and that they subtract a few km/h when they catch you, that means a 15 Euro fine max. And I never exceed those limits, and I mean never. Simple, really.

Truth be told, you must look like an absolute cock driving 25-35 mph faster than everyone else in a convertible VW Beetle. Anyone ever tell you a VW Beelte is not a sports car. Compared to a sports car it's: heavy, has inferior brakes, inferior handling, and by how you talk most likely a pretty piss poor driver. We're you rockin' out to some Jonas Brothers with some big ass sunglasses and one hand on the top of the wheel.

Yep, when i think about it the people that pass me at that rate of speed on public roads are usually degenerate, ricers. Your like the people who drink wine so they look sophisticated. Driving fast doesn't make you look cool to car people (Mustang people exempt.) If I were driving down the road and saw a slushbox, VW Beetle convertible with a girl driving pass me at 35 over the speed limit I would be laughing. Now if I saw her pass me and then get pulled over, I would be probably die of laughter, that would be some super hilarious stuff. :rofl:

Agreed. Driving fast on publics roads doesn't make you look cool - it makes you look like a dumbass.
I will admit that I've done some pretty stupid things behind the wheel but I grew out of it. Go do some real driving (karting, autocross, track, whatever) and you'll quickly realize that excessive speeding on public roads is not fun... at all. Granted, posted speed limits are usually pretty low but I think I'm safe doing 10mph over (sometimes 15, depending on the road). Around campus I never go over the limit.

On a side note, no - I'm not a saint. I've been pulled over for speeding once - 54 in a 30 but given and location I don't think that that was excessive - I was coasting down a hill with no traffic and good visibility, covering the brakes. 30mph on that street is far, far too low.

I bet you used your boobs for your advantage. "Look officer, I don't have a seatbelt over THESE *jiggle bounce bounce*" - Allright *drool* here have seatbelt ticket

Life is unfair for men...

I tried that. Officer gave me $45 and tore up the ticket.

Never gotten a speeding ticket either, although I have gone (200) 120 when the limit was (130) 80. The fastest I've driven, however, was (260) 161 on an unrestricted autobahn. Mmmmm....

Last edited: