OK, I've done everything around this place, now what?

Speed

30 mins from your door, I used to have to get the Bromley Train down to Swanley (or was it St. Marys cray?)!

Try it out once or twice - can not harm now can it?

I have thought about possibly tagging along with a mate who does racing there occasionally and do stuff for his team, but I'm not sure. Thoughts people?

Yes, do it!! :cool:

Oh, I wish i could...

I'm having the same problem. No cash for new lenses, and I'm out of ideas with my 18-55 and 50mm. Didn't shoot anything for allmost 2 months!
Plus, I'm a bit lazy to put my lightbox back together an try shooting.
And time is a problem too, i have almost none...

I'm sad now... :(

I find very little to take photos of, and rarely go out specifically to take photos, but when I find something I will usually get 50-100 shots in one go. It might just be the snow like it was last week. I don't really take photos for the sake of it,and I don't want to go on any sort of photography course because I feel it would ruin the hobby side of it for me.

I get on fine with my 18-55 and 55-200mm lenses though.

Event photos are probably the best you can get.

Edit: Long bump, stupid thread links.

So I figure you're from west Canadaland, since It looks like Saskatchewan or Manitoba(I'd say the latter since you have trees) but the one thing I've noticed after looking at 509 pictures from your webpage is that you look at many things from far but very few from up close.

You do very few items in macro besides your flora. I drove by a train car(like the grafittied one in your pics) and took pictures of various gears and linkages and cogs, textures of gratings and old lights with wires hanging. I spent 60 solid minutes just shooting things close up that I could do from the side of the train. How about railroad tracks to infinity? Do you have a creek or river nearby? Lots of shots from that. You've got lots of items in your backyard that you just need to think differently about. Lots of cool stuff in those old buildings like metal framework or old wood textures. I've got a single 17-55 2.8IS lens and I see from your pictures that your lenses are more numerous. You shouldn't have a problem shooting anything close up.

I've got a few no $ suggestions you can think about.

#1, you are mostly around people, lots of football pictures, why not ask someone(like a friend even;)) to sit down for a half hour on a chair in the kitchen where you get some natural lighting.

#2, pick a theme like metal, or fashion, or find a club website and see what their monthly theme is and just shoot for yourself.

#3, take an item like one of the cool architecture buildings in your town and tell yourself to shoot 50 different shots of it. It will definitely make you think in different ways about what you see.

#4, bring a friend. see what they see and it might give you a different perspective.

Lots of the guys and girls here I bet are mostly shooting what's around them and some of course do travel. I leave the area once a year on a trip and can still find new stuff every day. Try a sunrise in the morning, or a single tree in fog or just a normal everyday item that you've always walked past and force yourself to take a different shot of it.

Anyway, that's my 2cents, well more like $1.89.

#2, pick a theme like metal, or fashion, or find a club website and see what their monthly theme is and just shoot for yourself.

I love that idea, I'm instantly inspired. I'm not taking the piss either, never thought of that. :D

http://img147.imageshack.**/img147/4836/newjoakim11vg4.jpg

Go for a photowalk with some friends, like I did today. :)