Old and svelte vs new and fat

With a few exceptions, I'd rather have the new one of everything posted so far in this thread. Honestly.

Well, you drive Volvos and Skodas. That's a given :p

SI_S.jpg

:shifty:

Last edited:
Me three.

Both Challengers please.

And I'm with Craig on this one.

My girlfriend has a 78 Fiesta and she has been having pangs of regret over not getting a new Fiesta instead of her Kia Soul. I am telling her to get a Fiesta ST when she gets her bachelors.

Always gets me when I see them parked next to each other at work. Consider the new one is still based on the same platform.

MGs.jpg

MG6 on the left, Rover 75 on the right.

I'd be surprised if you've never seen a 75, they did sell them here...

I saw some ads a while ago that MG was coming back but I haven't heard anything about it after that.

Last edited:
That is a later face/arselift model and is actually an MG ZT not a Rover 75 (so slightly different bumpers etc).

I saw some ads a while ago that MG was coming back but I haven't heard anything about it after that.

The MG6 will 'launch' in Aus soon; although if its like like the 'launch' in the UK then you won't hear about it. There wasn't one here; it just sort of started. Except because no-one knew about it (and other reasons) sales are poor.

And I'm with Craig on this one.

That makes 3 of us.

Not only are modern cars bigger in size, but even those that are physically smaller (ie. some of those hatchbacks VS american wagons) look to be so much more bloated.

The MG6 will 'launch' in Aus soon; although if its like like the 'launch' in the UK then you won't hear about it. There wasn't one here; it just sort of started. Except because no-one knew about it (and other reasons) sales are poor.

I didn't even find that site, when I googled 'MG Australia' the first site that came up was the old MG site which is still there in its 2004 form, saying I can still by a TF, ZR, ZS or ZT.

The new MG is actually called 'MG Motor' or 'Morris Garages', hence the problems of finding old sites.