Old and svelte vs new and fat

IMG_2260.jpg

I wasn't previously aware, but the Phantom is HUGE!

Last edited:
:lol:

The beige one isn't even necessarily any older. AFAIK they are (or were) doing a utilitarian version alongside the luxury one.

I was next to one of the luxury ones in traffic recently and noticed how close the driver was to the windshield and door.

The G Professional has been discontinued because the engine couldn't pass Euro 6. Prices for used ones have already jumped slightly.

It really is small inside but it isn't that big to begin with. I had the chance to drive one in the army and it was quite fun. Worlds better than Defenders...

Great examples won't depreciate much. I wouldn't mind having the tax dodging C-license truck version.

Last edited:
The G Professional has been discontinued because the engine couldn't pass Euro 6. Prices for used ones have already jumped slightly.

You'd think it wouldn't be a big deal for Mercedes to drop another engine in there to make it euro 6 compliant, like the 250 CDI version of the 2.1 liter 4-pot.

You'd think it wouldn't be a big deal for Mercedes to drop another engine in there to make it euro 6 compliant, like the 250 CDI version of the 2.1 liter 4-pot.

Compared to the low demand, it would.

Looks like the G350 BlueTEC is still available despite it's also an OM642 with Euro 5. :dunno:

That's not really a fair comparison is it... this is playing with perspectives. Although the current Range is huge.

If you want to keep playing with perspectives....

m2WhxzW.jpg

:jawdrop:

2vWftND.jpg

(I don't think I'm doing this right...)